Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a thread for this using the search bar, but is there a way to buy rear seats and have them installed? I know it's quite tight back there but I like the idea that I can use them for an emergency 3rd occupant--just stuff your tiny 3rd friend back there for a quick trip. :thumbsup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Nothing that would think would be legal or safe in the US version.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I couldn't find a thread for this using the search bar, but is there a way to buy rear seats and have them installed? I know it's quite tight back there but I like the idea that I can use them for an emergency 3rd occupant--just stuff your tiny 3rd friend back there for a quick trip. :thumbsup:
I would suggest a roof rack, and some rope for that tiny third friend! :pP:

Even converting the rear to Euro Spec would still cause major issues, especially if anyone was ever hurt in an accident while riding back there. Your insurance company would not insure the car if they knew about the mod.. and would cut you off COLD when they found out.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
put some seat cushions into the store cubby LOL

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would suggest a roof rack, and some rope for that tiny third friend! :pP:

Even converting the rear to Euro Spec would still cause major issues, especially if anyone was ever hurt in an accident while riding back there. Your insurance company would not insure the car if they knew about the mod.. and would cut you off COLD when they found out.
:rotfl:

I did consider back seat for the occasional usage but fear of that one time when you need to report to your insurance for a claim. Luckily for me, I don't have to worry about it since I can switch to my other rides. :blush: This dilemma does not occur often, maybe once every 2 years if at all. :pP:

·
Registered
376 Posts
put some seat cushions into the store cubby LOL
Somebody could get hurt.... Definitely needs to be installed with an industrial suction cup..... ;)

-Hoi

You guys kill me...LOL. :lol:

But, just to let you guys in on a secret....I did thought about it. :blush: :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested 2. I bought rear seats for my 93 RX-7 and love them .... plus ... very unique! AND they are safe. The usually come with the seat belts and all the mounting hardware ... plus all the hole were already there, it was plug and play!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

Looks safe to me.

LOL.. Good pic.. Been quite a few discussions on this over the past couple of years. Some rather heated. Not something I would recommend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.