Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....couldn't see paying 80+ for rear reflectors so I came up with an alternative by cutting honeycomb shapes from peel and stick mail box reflectors.

Left Rear | Template

Simple job after creating a template. I got the mailbox reflectors at the big box hardware store for $4.00 (us). Spent about 2 hours cutting and placing the pieces. The three diamonds is pattern I chose. One of the honeycombs on my pattern had to be trim a little more on the top to fit. See Pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
It works! I guess you can fill in the remainder of it to see how it looks. Good job!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I say screw anybody who talks down on you man...the whole thing about cars is to be your own person I say good for you and the great thing about your idea is if someone copies your idea just change it around abit and stay infront of the game!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Outside the Box

and if someone didn't try we may never know. To me getting something off the shelf is not creative. So you tear the plastic wrap off and turned a screw. It's the man(ufacturer) telling you what the look should be. That's too far inside the box for me. No risk...playing it safe. Means the style is thought up for you. Mere consumerism.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In warmer weather I wanted to take a look at what I could do with LEDs there.

This is a good idea too though.

I certainly can echo the sentiment of not wanting to pay 80+ for what amounts to 8 dollars worth of reflector.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.