Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I was a little agressive with the jetwash and blew the centre out of one of my parking sensors. The small wires are broken and the plastic is split. I am finding there seems to be a CRZ tax on parts from Honda. They are quoting £200+ for the sensor. (painted)

I am seeing from this link the sensor has a part number of 39680-TL4-G01Z.

When I search for that on ebay I;m seeing an auction for a pattern part with a similar part number but for a tenth of the price.

Does anyone know if alternate part numbers work? I tried a breaker and one arrived but it's not correct so will be returned.

Many thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have not had any luck with Chinese backup sensors on Fords. They typically don't work right out of the box or fail the first time it rains.

You might get lucky. Seems you can buy 10 before you get to the price of a Honda sensor.

·
Administrator
7,518 Posts
Long shot is RockAuto they do ship internationally but since US cars do not have that sensor they may not carry them. See if you can find the Honda part number but search online for UK suppliers just not a Honda dealer. Honda does not make them there has to be a supplier that does but I have no Idea how to research it to find out who is the supplier/OEM. Maybe one of the local UK members has had to replace them and have a good source.

·
Administrator
7,518 Posts
I just did a quick search on this forum for Parking sensor. Maybe one of them will list a good replacement source and part number?

Alternative search

Most issues have had many threads made for them. I did not know they were a different part in different positions for instance. As I am in the USA we do not have such things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did a quick search on this forum for Parking sensor. Maybe one of them will list a good replacement source and part number?

Alternative search

Most issues have had many threads made for them. I did not know they were a different part in different positions for instance. As I am in the USA we do not have such things.
Hi Speedbump, I did search the threads but no part number hence the new thread. However Im please to report that part number 39680-TL0-G01 is the exact same denso sensor only unpainted. It was only around £20 on ebay but looks genuine. The correct part from Honda was £206 as its painted. I painted mine with a touch up pen and it looks fine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,518 Posts
Hi Speedbump, I did search the threads but no part number hence the new thread. However Im please to report that part number 39680-TL0-G01 is the exact same denso sensor only unpainted. It was only around £20 on ebay but looks genuine. The correct part from Honda was £206 as its painted. I painted mine with a touch up pen and it looks fine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Really good information for the next person who needs that sensor. Are there different part numbers for different locations or all the same part number? Quick search on Amazon from here was $89 for 4 of that part number or $12.90 but No part number so Generic?

I post this to help others in the future. Glad you found a good inexpensive solution and be careful with the pressure washer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts