Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2012 CR-Z a few days ago, and noticed I get a lot of road noise from the rear wheel wells (I live in an area with a number of dirt roads) and rocks often get thrown up and rattle around in the fender. Is there a guard of some kind that I can purchase to cover this area?

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
You can get a set of the OEM splash guards; they are available in front set only, rear set, or all four corners. Part number for the set of four is 08P00-SZT-100

If you only want the rear guards, the OEM instructions require you to drill mounting holes in your rear bumper, but I think some people secured them with the hardware that attaches to the existing holes/mounting points, and put 3M double-face tape around the edges instead of drilling for the additional hardware.

You can put some Stinger RoadKill sound damping material on the inside panels of the cargo area to deaden the sound, and it makes for an improvement, but you'll have to remove the interior panels (buy some extra clips, if you do--inevitable, that you break/weaken some, so you don't want to add more rattles by putting the panels back on with some broken clips.)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The OEM ones are nice, and easy enough to put on. To put the rear ones on, you need to pull the rear bumper... Which isn't very hard. Just a couple of hex bolts (allen key) and some clips.

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
124 Posts
Hmm, possibly you could get your car rhino lined around the wheel wells, that would make the sound Less loud and a couple of layers of the liner with the sound deadener would probably look cleaner all black in there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just got my 2012 CR-Z a few days ago, and noticed I get a lot of road noise from the rear wheel wells (I live in an area with a number of dirt roads) and rocks often get thrown up and rattle around in the fender. Is there a guard of some kind that I can purchase to cover this area? View attachment 60885
From your photo. You are missing the rear wheel well inner carpet liners. That's why you are getting noise. Should have something like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm. I think you’ve found the solution indeed. Any ideas where I might find some liners for sale?

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
From your photo. You are missing the rear wheel well inner carpet liners. That's why you are getting noise. Should have something like this.
That's interesting.... I have a 2013 USDM, and it doesn't come with a full liner on the rear fender wells. Just one that goes up the rear part of the inner fender. What location (market) offers that?

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
I can see that rear liner in the parts list (US) as #13 and #16, but the description, part#, and pricing is missing. However, if I go to a UK website, I can see the same basic diagram, but they actually have a description, part# and price.

UK part numbers:
#14 part# 74552-SZT-G00 (#13 in the US diagram, below)
#16 part# 74592-SZT-G00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts