Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my CR Z last Wednesday but don't get the diffuser installed until next Tuesday. Love the car once I figured out how to get around that annoying auto shut off. Saving gas is nice but that shut off feature is really annoying. IMO.

I am wondering is the diffuser really a factor in handling and/or cornering? I don't plan on making a run around the Nurburgring (sp?) soon but will a diffuser add any ground effect so as to make a difference doing 70 mph plus down the freeway? Will it have any effect on gas mileage or the battery charge/assist status? I know I should have asked all of this of the salesman but there you go.

Who else has one installed and what has been your experience?

Feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're talking about the genuine Honda accessory diffusor: it's purely esthetical. I have it installed on mine.

On a sidenote: what's there not to like about the auto shut off? It works seamlessly and the engine is always there when you need it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. I also have the illuminated door sills.

As for "what's not to like..." I'm not crazy about creeping up to the McDonalds pick up window and the car dies with two feet to go. Yes, I can move the foot a few inches, get the restart and then advance but the "pain in the B***" factor is still there. Same thing when making a deposit at the bank drive through window and the mail box in front of the post office.

FWIW - hit the front window defrost button (top button on right side of dash board controls) and then turn the fan back to lowest setting and the auto shut off feature is de-activated. Works for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cosmetic

I would be skeptical of a decklid spoiler like that creating much highspeed stability(downforce). Good luck and have fun at the Ring!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:thumbsup:

Got the diffuser installed today.

Heck with whether it is functional or not - it just looks a lot neater than the original look.

IMO.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Isn't it the same exact thing just with a carbon fiber pattern in it? To be honest, the pictures on Honda's site really doesn't show a real good picture of it and the ones on eBay are taken from the Honda site.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I told my dealer not to put one on my order. They said they put it on all their CR-Zs when they come in. He said, if I buy it before it gets here then it can be unmolested.

They still molested the car with the front plate holder and dealer sticker on the back. Took both off already.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, no pics as my phone is just that - a phone. Yes, I know - but they're cheap and so am I.

And YES, you do have to kind of have a taste for such an accessory. The pics posted above are really shot in some bright light IMO as the real thing has more of a flat black appearance with that shiny looking thing in the center (don't you just love my hi-tech description).

The fake carbon fiber look with "shiny" center thing give it just the right "bling" look for me. My new car - my $532, plus labor - my decision.

Finally cracked the 600 mile mark tonight.

NOTE TO HONDA (if you're lurking about) - love the CR-Z section on your www site, but better pictures (ie bigger, clearer, close up) of the accessories wouldn't hurt.

IMO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.