Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Rear Camber ?????

16K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  hotboxn 
#1 ·
Maybe someone can clear this up for me because I havent
had a good look under my car yet.

Am I to understand that the only way the REAR camber will change is if the car
is lowered? There's actually now other way to adjust it???

thx

#18 ·
are you modifying the stock ones or replacing them with aftermarket ones?
stock ones are in now, I'm working closely with F2autolife, they have an adjustable set up that I should get receiving this week that should help out, also going to try to mess with front camber as well, I had camber adjustment on the air set up before, going to try to do the same with this set up pics/details coming soon

#19 ·
stock ones are in now, I'm working closely with F2autolife, they have an adjustable set up that I should get receiving this week that should help out, also going to try to mess with front camber as well, I had camber adjustment on the air set up before, going to try to do the same with this set up pics/details coming soon
nice.....take pics plz:thumbsup:

#26 ·
The only rear camber adjustment you're going to get is with shims. There is absolutely no adjustment with the beam axle. The factory setup has about 1.7-2.0 degrees negative in the rear. If anything you want to dial out some of that as the front is flat from the factory.

#28 ·
I haven't gotten a chance to look at the rear suspension for the CR-Z, but it is very similar to the GE8 Fit.

On the GE8 Fit, Honda went away from the bolt-on hub found on the GD Fit, which is where you can install the shims to alter the camber. The only way to change the rear camber on the GE, is to buy the JDM rear axle beam, or cut/weld.

Looking at the parts list for the rear brake, and axle it looks like it is all one piece (the hub and hub mount cannot be cambered, as the shaft the hub sits on is one solid piece with the beam axle).

The hub, #3 in this VVV diagram, would just slide onto the axle (#1 in ^^^ diagram).

Not saying there might not be other/future solutions, but that's what I know.

#30 ·
I haven't gotten a chance to look at the rear suspension for the CR-Z, but it is very similar to the GE8 Fit.

On the GE8 Fit, Honda went away from the bolt-on hub found on the GD Fit, which is where you can install the shims to alter the camber. The only way to change the rear camber on the GE, is to buy the JDM rear axle beam, or cut/weld.

Looking at the parts list for the rear brake, and axle it looks like it is all one piece (the hub and hub mount cannot be cambered, as the shaft the hub sits on is one solid piece with the beam axle).
QUOTE]

So it's set up like most rear swing arm/axle setups? Hopefully something hits the market soon, but i bet it'll be a while judging by the amount of time it has taken for other parts to hit the market. Thanks for the image break down!:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.