Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the middle of diy truck bed liner all over my crz. I want to remove the rear bumper to paint that part. The rest I just taped up nicely. I was wondering if anyone knew of any how to links and if the back cam would effect it.

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
I think the link below has some more info for you:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
But why!?!? Ugh.. well, there goes the good paint! I mean, I guess its not great. Honda doesn't have the best paint.

I'll shoot you the factory service manual though.

Pulling the rear bumper is simple. You just need an allen key for the 2 bots on the back, then remove the corners, then undo a couple clips on the bottom.

Start on page 20-130 of the FSM.

Really hope you live somewhere as terribly salty as I do, because, well.. there goes your paint for something most would consider ugly.

Good luck, and hope it comes out looking better than I imagine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But why!?!? Ugh.. well, there goes the good paint! I mean, I guess its not great. Honda doesn't have the best paint.

Pulling the rear bumper is simple. You just need an allen key for the 2 bots on the back, then remove the corners, then undo a couple clips on the bottom.

Really hope you live somewhere as terribly salty as I do, because, well.. there goes your paint for something most would consider ugly.

Thank you! I don’t think it looks ugly. It definitely doesn’t look as ugly as my destroyed paint from az sun.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Thank you! I don’t think it looks ugly. It definitely doesn’t look as ugly as my destroyed paint from az sun.
Crazy how the sun does that there. I remember when I use to look at CRX's from AZ, they would always have the same issue.

Definitely post some pics when you finish. Hopefully it comes out awesome looking!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy how the sun does that there. I remember when I use to look at CRX's from AZ, they would always have the same issue.

Definitely post some pics when you finish. Hopefully it comes out awesome looking!!
I still have more to do, but here’s how it’s looking so far. I love it. I got the bumper almost all the way off, but got stuck with the license plate lights. The clips/wiring were so corroded I was scared to touch it and just put the bumper back on, but it was cool to be able to mostly do! I’ve never done anything with cars besides putting a spare on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have more to do, but here’s how it’s looking so far. I love it. I got the bumper almost all the way off, but got stuck with the license plate lights. The clips/wiring were so corroded I was scared to touch it and just put the bumper back on, but it was cool to be able to mostly do! I’ve never done anything with cars besides putting a spare on.
View attachment 60312

View attachment 60312

here’s one more. I’ll post more angles soon once I do more. Let me know what you think ❤

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
Hmmmm...were you trying to disconnect the license plate lights at the license plate location, or at the connector, clipped on the bottom of the bumper, just to the left of the center line? You should be able to rotate the connector/clip, and it will detach from the hole in the bumper's edge, giving you plenty of room to detach the connector, and free-up the rear bumper for removal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmm...were you trying to disconnect the license plate lights at the license plate location, or at the connector, clipped on the bottom of the bumper, just to the left of the center line? You should be able to rotate the connector/clip, and it will detach from the hole in the bumper's edge, giving you plenty of room to detach the connector, and free-up the rear bumper for removal.
Idk if this is how it’s supposed to look under here. It’s definitely ugly, but I tried at the light. The wire goes back like that and not at the bottom of the bumper 🙁

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
Idk if this is how it’s supposed to look under here. It’s definitely ugly, but I tried at the light. The wire goes back like that and not at the bottom of the bumper 🙁
Looks like someone added a rear view camera, because that is NOT an OEM wiring set up. ALL wiring to the bumper (camera, license plate lights, etc.) should be routed through the wire that wraps around/down, behind the bumper beam, to where the connector is (the connector I referred to in the previous post.)

I suppose your CR-Z is not a 2013+ model year, as that's when Honda started including the rear camera. So, I see your dilemma. I can't see from the pic, exactly how (badly) the camera is mounted to that bracket, but you can look through this thread I found that some other forum members posted on the subject:

Hope that helps some, but you might just have to cut/remove that rusted nut/bolt and replace it with a stainless steel or even plastic nut/bolt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts