Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I'm getting my Tien Street Basis Z coil overs installed!!
While looking at the specs, I noticed something:
They have a RIDE HEIGHT CHANGE column along with a RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE RANGE.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

I measured from the ground to the side skirt area and it's currently 7 inches at stock height.
I measured the wheel gap in the front and it's about 2 inches from the top of the tire to the fender at stock height.
Does anyone know what the difference is between the ride height change vs the ride height adjustable range?
I'm going to send a text to the performance shop with my specific request, but before I did, I wanted to have a better understanding.
I'm looking to have the wheel gap changed to .5 inches to start, as I'm looking to avoid scraping all day.
In my head, that would be a 1.5" drop from the stock height.
Should I just let them know that I want there to be a .5" wheel gap all around and just leave it at that?
Or is there something I'm missing?
If the Tien spec page (see attached) didn't have 2 different columns, I probably wouldn't have to ask this question as I would ask the shop to lower 1.5" all around and call it a day.
It's the fixed ride height change column @ 1.4 in the front and 1.6 in the rear that's throwing me for a loop.
Then I see stuff like this (also on Tien's site) which is confusing me:
Wheel Tire Product Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you guys.
I believe you guys are both correct.
Happened to see my screenshot again and noticed that the RIDE HEIGHT CHANGE values for the front and rear are set to the middle of the "recommended" RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE RANGE.
So for the front, the recommended range is -1.8 to -1.0 <-- the middle of this range would be -1.4
And for the rear, the recommended range is -2.0 to -1.2 <-- the middle of this range would be -1.6
The RIDE HEIGHT CHANGE is -1.4 and -1.6 so yeah, I believe you guys are correct; it's just the default setting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.