Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Looks good. Do they stay on at night, or are they strictly DRL's? If I got these, I'd like to figure out how to wire them for use at night. If I remember correctly there is a post on here somewhere about running fogs, separate from lights, or something along those lines.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a set of 120smd switchback T15/20 bulbs yet to install and we have the DRL in our lamps being a Malaysian model....Just wondering if its an overkill to add up another pair of DRL's at the bottom with the signals...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. Do they stay on at night, or are they strictly DRL's? If I got these, I'd like to figure out how to wire them for use at night. If I remember correctly there is a post on here somewhere about running fogs, separate from lights, or something along those lines.

Thanks! yes they would stay at night as I connected it to the parking lights wiring. I think there's a confusion about my post, I said DRLs because I pretty much turn on my park lights anytime so yeah that's how I did it. The installation is pretty straight forward, just color match it. ;)

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Whoa! That looks nice! It looks like it came stock.

BTW was it easy to install?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoa! That looks nice! It looks like it came stock.

BTW was it easy to install?
Yup super easy to install! requires removing the bumper and drilling some holes and getting some long enough screws and washer to put it on but yeah it's really simple. removing the bumper only takes about 10mins lol. 6 screws and the rest are just clips. You could probably find a DIY how to remove a bumper somewhere in the forum. Then wiring it actually is a little complex but not hard at all. you have the option to just cut the original wiring or undo the wire from the connector which would require you to use a really small flat head precision screw driver. Total time to do this is approximately around 40 mins if you have a drill. :)

PS: make sure you write down how the wires go into the connector or at least take a picture before you disassemble it ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum!

:thumbup: Not bad! Can you take a picture of the front at a lower angle so we can get a better view of how the sit?
Thanks! Absolutely. I'll probably do it after work and also take video for the turn signals :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got the chance to capture a video. Sorry it's still a little bright outside but it looks better at night.

CLICK TO SEE VIDEO
LED DRL+turn signals

and here is the pic from a lower POV

As you can see it's pointing a little bit downward because I got too lazy to fix it but adjustments shouldn't be that hard to do :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Thanks for the vid/pic! That looks really good

1 - 20 of 28 Posts