Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
They dont steal little silly hybrids here....not when there are a dozen high end luxory cars left unlocked everywhere.

I use lugnut locks. I have also learned to check my lugs after service. I lost over half the orig chrome lugs on one vehicle to shoddy shops.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have also learned to check my lugs after service. I lost over half the orig chrome lugs on one vehicle to shoddy shops.
I had the opposite happen. Not long after getting new tires I hit a tall curb hard... messed up my wheel. I tried to take it off and it wouldn't budge... I had to jump on the tire iron (lug wrench) and the entire bolt snapped off. It was the case for all the bolts on the tire. (In the end, that was the case for ALL the bolts on all the wheels.)
I called the tire company.. They towed my car back to the shop and fixed it all for free.. even the new damage I did myself.

·
Supporting Vendor
492 Posts
I've used various lug nuts w/locking nuts in the past with success -- even to the point of running a second, separate lock nut on it's own and carry two keys. Doesn't look too pretty, but sometimes it's what you have to do.

For the most part, I think because of the CR-Z's fitment (which it doesn't share with many other cars) it'll be enough to deter thieves. If it were a 90's Honda Civic on the other hand...I'd have a watch dog keeping an eye on my wheels at all times!

- Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.