Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty.....I know this has been covered before but I'm a little unsure.

Do you actually have to remove the spring when doing this install? Some people says yes while others say no. Also what do I need to loosen/remove the spring? The instructions don't really cover that part. It makes sense to remove the wheels, especially since I'll be doing the muff delete as well. I have limited time/money so taking it to a shop won't be an option.

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I installed my Progress RSB buy just backing it up on to ramps, just to get it up high enough to work under. Did NOT remove wheels or loosen/remove the spring, but one of the three right/rear bolts may be a challenge to slip in to the spring perch as the spring may not give you much room. I got that bolt in with no real problem, but I know for sure of people just leaving that bolt off and using only two bolts on the right side and all three on the left side with no problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solid! Thank you for that reply! I've been wondering if just using ramps would work or if the suspension needs to be unloaded to properly install. Honda dealership won't install it as it's aftermarket and I don't really wanna pay someone a couple hundred just to do something I can do with some basic tools. Thanks again Litz!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You don't need to remove the spring. I actually run one side of my progress bar with 2 bolts instead of 3. However, pulling the rear spring and strut is SO easy. You can do it in 5 minutes. I kid you not.

Put a jack under the rear strut, jack it up, pull bolt, pull spring. Super easy!!

So yeah.. guess I should put my 3rd bolt in sometime. LOL. I ran my other car like this too until its untimely death with no issues.

Biggest pain about this job is cleaning the dirt outta your spring area. Its super simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts