Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put the progress rear sway bar on my car. Man I can tell the rear end doesn't feel like its dragging around like a crippled dog anymore. My car actually feels a lot more balanced than it did before.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Mine didn't come with any, but install is a piece of cake. Just get the rear of the car off the ground. Line the holes on the RSB flanges up with the holes on the rear torsion beam below the springs (the bar is oriented with the bar forward and above the flanges). Insert 6 bolts, tighten, and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Mine didn't come with any, but install is a piece of cake. Just get the rear of the car off the ground. Line the holes on the RSB flanges up with the holes on the rear torsion beam below the springs (the bar is oriented with the bar forward and above the flanges). Insert 6 bolts, tighten, and enjoy.
Click on the pic in this link, and it actually has a slideshow and instal notes:
2011 Honda CR-Z - Handling - Project CR-Z - Honda Tuning Magazine
thanks guys I ended up following the basis rsb diy theead for help. for the rubbers under the springs i turned them so the nipple sits over the open hole closest to the shock that way it could remain flush.

i found that freeway dips at high speed are now very harsh. other than that the rsb seems cool so far. i was able to do a moderate-hard u turn and really felt the presence of the rsb. i also was able to take some high speed turns with moderate effort and the feeling was so so/ slight difference

anybody tracked on this? im sure its great for auto x but how about higher speed track days? anyone? i guess specifically im concerned about whether or not this affects the cars likelihood to rotate. i know in the past ive spun out due to driver error and a wet track with wide grippy tires out front. I need to work on not freaking out and get on the throttle in these instances. so, will i need to be even more careful with the rsb installed?

·
Registered
151 Posts
anybody tracked on this? im sure its great for auto x but how about higher speed track days? anyone? i guess specifically im concerned about whether or not this affects the cars likelihood to rotate. i know in the past ive spun out due to driver error and a wet track with wide grippy tires out front. I need to work on not freaking out and get on the throttle in these instances. so, will i need to be even more careful with the rsb installed?
Just drive the car as you normally do, but always pay attention to the subtle changes in how the car reacts and handles with the RSB. It takes time to become accustomed to how the car responds in a variety of conditions. I'm not familiar with what other mods that you have done, so the addition of a RSB may produce a more dramatic effect in the your car's tendency to oversteer than others on the forum.

All in all, be a safe driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A word of caution if you plan to put a RSB on your daily driven car (especially a car that doesn't come with one from the factory). Cars are meant to understeer for safety reasons...oversteer is acceptable on an Auto-x build and to a lesser extent on a track build. BUT, oversteer can be dangerous on a daily driven street car...basically anytime you are turning with sufficient speed and simultaneously lifting off the throttle (i.e. Interstate on ramp, turning into neighborhoods, etc).

Suspension, tires, and chassis bracing would be a much better approach for a street car.
For some reason I think about this post often since it almost convinced me not to get the progress rsb. Makes a good point, but just want to give my experience in case anyone is thinking this may cause daily driving to be unsafe.

For me, the progress rsb is the best mod I've done on this little car so far. Of all the cars I've owned (granted they've been trucks and Miatas), the crz loves to understeer more than any other. I think if this car had more power or a closer 50-50 weight the increased oversteer could make this dangerous, but honestly this takes the car from "incredibly safe understeer" to "just a little understeer". If I had to choose a single mod the rsb would be it, just makes the driving so much more fun when it's actually possible to kick the rear end out a little. It's very cheap and easy to install, so if you're on the fence I really recommend just going for it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
A progress rsb was the first thing i did to my car and still would like some more spring rate in the rear. The EG Civic that the CRZ replaces had way more throttle lift oversteer. With stock spring and struts/ stocks the car still understeers but is better than it was.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

61 - 69 of 69 Posts