Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Progress is in the final stage of the Rear Sway Bar development.
They said it should be up for sale sometime in May.
They also confirmed for me that they have decided to make it 19mm.:thumbsup:

Best part is, its gonna be half the price of the cusco 16mm...:pP:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE!!!!

Just contacted Progress Auto regarding our rear sway bar.

They speculate pricing to be in the same range as the honda fit RSB (approx. $150-ish)

The also are speculating to begin mass production at the end of April and to start
actually selling the units at the end of May.

So not much longer for the 19mm Progress RSB.

I'm calling on a vendor to please step forward and offer an official CR-Z forum group buy!!!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cant wait too.....im installing my swift springs tomorrow and the RSB will be my next purchase to highly compliment my handling

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can somebody please explain how this will give any benefit to the rear suspension?

Sway bars work by connecting the control arms on independent suspension setups. The CRZ does NOT have an independent rear suspension...it basically has a giant sway bar held up by two springs. If the theory is that the giant rear trailing arm twists during aggressive cornering...then somebody please exaplain how attaching a thin little sway bar to a MASSIVE sway bar (the rear trailing arm) is going to do anything noticeable?

Please?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Can somebody please explain how this will give any benefit to the rear suspension?

Sway bars work by connecting the control arms on independent suspension setups. The CRZ does NOT have an independent rear suspension...it basically has a giant sway bar held up by two springs. If the theory is that the giant rear trailing arm twists during aggressive cornering...then somebody please exaplain how attaching a thin little sway bar to a MASSIVE sway bar (the rear trailing arm) is going to do anything noticeable?

Please?
Ah, BlackandDecker coming over from FF's to ask a question.....answer coming soon enough I'm sure:dunno:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

Please?
thats like asking how any other brace on a car works - none of them (strut, sway or under chassis bars) look particularly strong but they make some kind of difference.. it is a bar that provides additional ridigity over stock - very simple answer.

if youre debating whether the difference will be huge or not, I cant say since I dont have one on my car. For the price and based on the few reviews floating around here it seems to do something noticeable.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
One thing I know is that it will definetly tighten up the rear of your car resulting in better turning up front. I know all this because I had all the same questions as everyone here. But being a mechanical person I did my legwork and spent about 30 minutes on the phone with progress R&D department and got all the answers I needed. I can't wait until I finally install it!
I can definitely vouch for that. I have the Cusco sway bar, and even though it is thinner I sure notice it's there! I had the same discussion with one of the salesmen at the Honda dealership actually. He wondered what differance it would make on a "solid" rear axle. Well it's not solid, and it does firm up the rear and give you better turn in. It also lets you go drifting if you enter a corner too fast. I found that out the scary way :p

I ended up only stiffening the rear, as that works best for Autoslalom events where you want the traction in front for those tight corners.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts