Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have a CRZ right now, are you experiencing any problems?

I heard there is wind noise if your driving beyond 65 mph?

I really want one at the moment but I have been hesitating A LOT because I don't know if it is worth it.

Currently I am deciding between the Veloster and the CRZ

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had exactly one problem with my Z: it was delivered with a faulty bluetooth module. Even that isn't a problem; the problem is that the car is so rare that the dealers have no idea how to fix them and spend a lot of time with their nose in the book or on the phone with Honda. So a "quick" fix cost me 2 days without my Z, right after I bought it.

Since then, no problem.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have no issues with mine, car runs fantastically, gets great milleage while being a TON of fun to drive and really stands out in a crowd.

My wind noise has only occurred twice in probably a dozen trips to 100 mph, not sure what conditions cause it but it seems to possibly be the wipers or some buzzer in the dash... the important thing is it doesnt happen till at least 85 IF it happens at all.

You should get one its 110% worth it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
All cars of all makes have the potential for issue. The best thing to do is do your research to the best of your abilities and then make your decision.

With my Z I have had no problems at all in the 4 months I have had it. There was the recall for the software update on the IMA (which my dealer took care of with no issues).

I had considered the veloster for a short period of time but that car is a new model for hyundai and I would personally never buy a brand new model introduction.

Bottom line is...do your due diligence, ask your questions (like you are :) ) and pick the car that your gut tells you to. I think most people on this forum would tell you the CR-Z is an great car (I certainly would) and would recommend it (again i certainly would) if its the RIGHT fit for you.

Good luck with your decision, have fun doing the research and enjoy your car when you get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In a word "FLAWLESS"

I got mine in September. White CVT w/nav. I added the armrest. I have just over 4000 miles and it is perfect for me. I am thinking about adding some window tint and that's all. I don't plan on any other mods since it is so rare to see one that it is already different.
I never heard of a Veloster. I'll have to look that up.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Have had it for almost 10 months without a single problem.

If you do get one, and if it has fog lights, be sure to invest in some Lamin-x fog light covers. A lot of people have mentioned cracked fog lights. I bought the 40mm ones but am thinking about ordering a second set of 40mm and laying them on top so that I could have 80mm of protection. I'm just paranoid, I guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm past 6 months and 6K miles and the 1st oil change, so the honeymoon period is over.

I can only think of 2 issues:

1. The trip mpg estimate is always high on my vehicle, usually 1-2 mpg. Makes me feel a little cheated, since I'm really only getting 44mpg instead of 46. :eek:hmy:

2. I enjoy the car so much that I make unnecessary trips and waste fuel.

Wind/road noise: Every Honda I've owned has this. And, yes, I've heard the whistling at higher speeds when its windy. But, under, say 65mph, the CR-Z is reasonably quiet. I've got the stereo cranked most of the time, so external noise isn't a problem.

PLEASE DON'T buy the CR-Z...I speak for many of us here, we like driving a car that you don't see many of on the road. :cool:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I have the cracked fog lights (both) and a rattle coming from the glove box door (I believe). That's it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had my Zed for 17 months and the only problem that I've had is that it is more prone to misting up than my old Civic.

However If I put the heating system on automatic the problem disappears.

So, if I could go back 17 months would I buy it again?

YES.

·
Registered
223 Posts
a rattle coming from the glove box door (I believe).
Interesting that you mention that. I have a rattle from the panel underneath the glove box. Smacking it takes care of it for a while. I attribute it to poor work from the dealer when they installed my XM.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Worst problem the big grin that I can't wipe off every time I drive it. 13K so far, getting up to almost a year of ownership. I have heard the strange wind noise about 4 times 70+ mph with high winds.

·
Registered
160 Posts
75 MPH in Arizona

The CRZ is such a fun car! In Arizona the Interstate speed limit outside of cities is 75 mph, and I have not had the slightest amount of "wind noise." And yes, I might slightly exceed 75 mph...

·
Registered
166 Posts
The CRZ is such a fun car! In Arizona the Interstate speed limit outside of cities is 75 mph, and I have not had the slightest amount of "wind noise." And yes, I might slightly exceed 75 mph...
I only have the issue when I get hit with cross wind when I am doing above 70 mph. I had plenty of time on my drive to Houston to play around with the noise issue.

·
Registered
674 Posts
l haven't had a single problem with it. Had the dealer do the software upgrade that's about it. l drove it to Washington D.C three days ago, took the backroads, and average 36 mpg. People giving me the thumbs when they drove past. and the usual morons trying to race me. l like the fact that l only saw one in D.C. :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Interesting that you mention that. I have a rattle from the panel underneath the glove box. Smacking it takes care of it for a while. I attribute it to poor work from the dealer when they installed my XM.
I also had the dealer put in XM. Hmmmm.......

·
Registered
105 Posts
dash in mine has an odd rattle vibration on certain surfaces since I got it from the centre somewhere but having to much fun with the car to go back to dealer yet. The stereo is so good I cant hear it much atm.

The Hyundai doesn't do it for me looks wise. Every time I walk up to the CRZ I need to take in the looks as it's so spaceship like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 98 Posts