Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just pick the middle grade and call it a day.

Really no need for 91oct for this motor, like a few mentioned higher oct for high performance cars, the Crz is not one of them, and it's not required. You'll only waste money and it can be harmful for the CRZ.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just pick the middle grade and call it a day.

Really no need for 91oct for this motor, like a few mentioned higher oct for high performance cars, the Crz is not one of them, and it's not required. You'll only waste money and it can be harmful for the CRZ.
why will it harmful for the engine? I don't really understand.
It's a japanese car, even in japan, they are using 100 octane now for public.
Kind of confuse.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The arguement about what a higher octane rating does and is need for has already been well explained. If you are looking for gas that is good for your engine then instead of pumping a higher octane look more closely at pumping gas with better additives. Additives that promote for cleaner valves and/or fuel injectors. That has always been my .02 cents.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Using a higher octane gasoline is simply a waste of money.

·
Registered
2016 honda cr-z ex zf2
4 Posts
Has anyone heard of "eco unleaded" fuel? It has the same octane level as 88 fuel. I don't know much about it. Would it be bad for the cr-z? It's cheaper then 88 octane.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What country are you in? Many here (but not all) are in the US, never heard of that and our octane levels are 87, 89,91,93.
Also octane numbers are determined differently in different countries.

·
Registered
2016 honda cr-z ex zf2
4 Posts
What country are you in? Many here (but not all) are in the US, never heard of that and our octane levels are 87, 89,91,93.
Also octane numbers are determined differently in different countries.
I am in the US the southwest area. There are gas that are called maverick that have it. Not all of them but some have the eco unleaded. It's a yellow color pump

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Our cars are not designed for higher than 10% Ethanol. Using a higher ethanol fuel there is a possibility it will damage seals and other parts of the fuel system.

·
Registered
2016 honda cr-z ex zf2
4 Posts
Our cars are not designed for higher than 10% Ethanol. Using a higher ethanol fuel there is a possibility it will damage seals and other parts of the fuel system.
That is what I figured so I didn't use it. The last thing I want to do is ruined the engine just because I put the wrong fuel in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
On the flip side of that, if you can get non-ethanol gas by all means do so. MPG may improve. Unfortunately you have to be far away from any major urban areas to have a chance of it being available.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts