Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a black Z.

Satin black with a light metallic blue ring and lugnuts. the lugnuts might be too much though, and I may redo them in black. The blue turned out much lighter than I remember it being, but its a nice metallic blue.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive thought about doing this..

did you do it yourself? def wanna see them on the car.
I own a powdercoating business. Mostly I specialize in brake calipers, and more specifically, 90% of that business is Corvette and new Camaros, as I offer those on an exchange basis.

I was going to do these calipers while I have the wheels off, but why bring attention to tiny brakes?

I'm really not sure about the lugnuts though. I will also reserve judgment until I mount them tomorrow. They may be getting stripped and then turned black instead.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
center cap is satin black spray paint and a vinyl sticker. When I need gloss or another color, I have a body shop that paints them for me.

I wanted to powdercoat them, but I found out through expirementation that these center caps start to melt at around 325=350 degrees, and I need them at least 375 to powdercoat them. Stock Corvette wheel centercaps can be coated, but thats about all I have found so far.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.