Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 12 crz for sale near me for dirt cheap. It also already has the sprintex supercharger on it. Problem is the owner states that the hybrid battery is not charging. What would be the most common thing to cause the lack of charge? Bad battery? Or bad IMA motor?

I own a 15 now and am thinking about picking this up just for the sprintex as I can get the whole car for cheaper than the price of the sprintex. Swapping the sprintex into my car, fixing whatever is wrong with the IMA, and selling the car and still make a profit on it

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There is a 12 crz for sale near me for dirt cheap. It also already has the sprintex supercharger on it. Problem is the owner states that the hybrid battery is not charging. What would be the most common thing to cause the lack of charge? Bad battery? Or bad IMA motor?

I own a 15 now and am thinking about picking this up just for the sprintex as I can get the whole car for cheaper than the price of the sprintex. Swapping the sprintex into my car, fixing whatever is wrong with the IMA, and selling the car and still make a profit on it
So there's a few instances of the controller getting toasted. Far more likely than the IMA motor or battery.

Go for it. there's a couple people that have K-swapped their cars and have all their hybrid parts laying around taking up space...

Or if you can't get the IMA fixed, you could just K-swap it... or sell it as-is and take the difference as a discount on the sprintex.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
I'll leave this here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts

No CR-Z owner yet has had to replace the IMA battery but there is one member who has an IMA system failure but it has not been diagnosed yet. There have been a few DC to DC converter failures and a few IPU fan failures. It comes down to reading codes and following the trouble shooting related to those codes to narrow down what failed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts