Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in love with Tenzo DC-5 but EVERYWHERE I read about people complaining they're very low quality. Do you know any similar wheel? I've been able to find many, but all of them have machined/chrome lip, no one with white one. Any suggestion will be appreciated! many thanks

Ps any mod could edit the topic? damn iphone keyboard...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Try looking at XXR maybe, I know they offer some colored lip varieties. But once again not a very high quality wheel.

You may be better off looking into getting a set of wheels you like and having them professionally painted.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Look at Tirerack.com, they only carry high quality brands in all different price ranges. Or you could try Rotas for some other variety in style selection.

People either love em or hate em, but facing the facts Rotas are a great mid-spectrum wheel, and you cant beat the quality vs price they offer.

If you want to go for higher end wheels just for the brand name try looking for used sets on forums, ebay and craigslist.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm in love with Tenzo DC-5 but EVERYWHERE I read about people complaining they're very low quality. Do you know any similar wheel? I've been able to find many, but all of them have machined/chrome lip, no one with white one. Any suggestion will be appreciated! many thanks

Ps any mod could edit the topic? damn iphone keyboard...
I am running the DC5 V2's on my CRZ, and have no complaints whatsoever... They seem very well made, I am not sure why people said they are not. They balanced out very nicely, don't vibrate or shake, and have an excellent finish.

Look at car of the month for last month (bottom of home page), that is my CRZ with those wheels... Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running the DC5 V2's on my CRZ, and have no complaints whatsoever... They seem very well made, I am not sure why people said they are not. They balanced out very nicely, don't vibrate or shake, and have an excellent finish.

Look at car of the month for last month (bottom of home page), that is my CRZ with those wheels... Good luck on your hunt!
I decided to mount DC5 right after having seen your car pictures :D It's simply amazing! I am a total n00b and don't know anything about wheels and tires and got worried when reading online a lot of people complaining that Tenzo rims are fragile and tend to break easily...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I decided to mount DC5 right after having seen your car pictures :D It's simply amazing! I am a total n00b and don't know anything about wheels and tires and got worried when reading online a lot of people complaining that Tenzo rims are fragile and tend to break easily...
Thanks for the compliment!

Hmm, well, I haven't cracked them yet, but that doesn't mean it's not possible I suppose. I have hit a couple good spots on the highway, to the point of bottoming out the suspension, and I thought for sure they would be bent, but haven't bent yet.

I lnow it's always tough to decide on wheels... it took me 3 months to decide.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes we can gladly ship overseas to Italy. If you end up finding something you are interested in just message me and I will get you a quote. Best of luck finding something to your liking!

you have a lot of nice wheels, even if not white I could paint them as suggested... Do you ship overseas (here in Italy, good wheels are expensive as hell!!)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.