Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been in the market for a new car for about a month now and nothing I've looked at has really appealed to me -- until I saw the CR-Z last week.

I'm wondering, though, if I should get the standard model or the EX. Is it really worth the added expense?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've been in the market for a new car for about a month now and nothing I've looked at has really appealed to me -- until I saw the CR-Z last week.

I'm wondering, though, if I should get the standard model or the EX. Is it really worth the added expense?
EX...lots of expensive goodies for less than you would pay for them aftermarket.. so that is up to you! It was worth it to me for just the HID's ... the other stuff was just a bonus!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
The upgrade stereo system was worth it compared to the standard I think. Once you go HID headlights you will never go back. The fog lights are nice style and function as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think so. They are a lot of little features but they add up.

Also, I thought resale value. In the end, the top end model will always sell for a bit more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
as a broke pharmacy student, I went with the base model and here's my reasoning...

of course if you can afford the $1500 EX package, it's well worth it! you get a lot more than the $1500 price tag.

but for me...
bluetooth = i prefer using my headset so i didn't need that

360 watt speakers = that's a party in a CR-Z! but remember, most honda models come with 160 watts (which is base trim) and it's not that bad really. the honda accord sedan only comes with 160 watt speakers unless you opt for an EX-L.

fog lights = i live in tennessee

aluminum pedals = this i really wanted, but between the base and EX models, no one is going to be looking at your pedals.

leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter on the manual transmission = this is a nice addition, but i test drove a base 6MT and the shifter was not bad at all!

HID - this is a pretty sweet deal. i would pay $1000 just for this alone, but i have no money. it's halogen for me in the mean time.

the outside looks exactly the same, so that's why i went with base.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
personally i wouldn't be able to justify NOT getting the EX for the extra $1500...

the leather steering wheel, HIDs, 360watt sound is WAYYYYYYYYY better than the 160watt sound, in fact jump in a BMW without premium sound then jump in one with premium sound and tell me that's not worth it... it's the same difference except the CR-Z doesn't have the $1900 price tag like BMW... alum pedals are cool especially when driving barefoot, bluetooth is neat, fogs add a nicer look IMO... i feel like i'm missing something... but either way, for $1500 the EX REALLY elevates the CR-Z to a much higher level...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. The dealer I'm looking at only has four CR-Zs in stock and three of them come with the EX trim. The non-EX out of the bunch comes in red, which I really don't want, so I guess it's EX or nothing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the EX is well worth the extra few bucks for all the goodness that it comes with...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Heh... this is making me feel less guilty for buying the loaded EX w) navi version! I really have gotten lots of use out of the steering wheel controls and the navi unit itself, and the headlights are outstanding. Sound system is also darned good-- I'm into celtic music, and today I was blown away by how good a tune by a group Called Brenga Astur, featuring heavy pipes and bass guitar sounded (and felt)! :thumbsup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Yep, EX loaded with NAVI may be the way to go if you want all the creature comforts out the door. But some like to tune and play and add their own after market stuff and are still young enough to want to play with a clutch each and every day. Got the extra cash and want to have it out the door, EX CVT with NAVI loaded. Want something a little cheaper that allows for maybe a bit more tuning then a standard 6MT.

A can't live without, HIDs. Once you have them, hard to go back. Especially here in the Pacific Northwest where it is exceptionally dark during the late fall and winter.

- Storm Silver CR-Z CVT EX/W NAVI -All the exterior/Interior options - 17" Rims/Tires etc., minus Nose Mask.
- Previous Car = CIVIC Hybrid EX/W NAVI and HFP Package - 18 HFP Rims/Tires and body moldings. Really liked it but always in ECON mode. Lov'n the CR-Z. Wifey too. We are 49 year old empty nesters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.