Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure many people are excited to buy the CR-Z as soon as the dealership has the car for sale. I personally want to place a deposit to order the car before the release date. However, my concern is that the price will probably not be negotiable since high demand would make the price marks up. Would you suggest to wait for a few months after release? In my experience, most of the Honda (Si or any high demand sport car) are so popular and high demand. Their prices never go down whatsoever. I am sure the CRZ would sold out within the first few months and would require a waiting list for another shipment to arrive at the dealership.

How many people think ...

(1) the selling price will not change... dealership will try to sell them as many as possible without any negotiation since it will be in high deman

(2) price will reduce or no mark up once supply is high (but most likely can take up to 6 months or a year to get over stock at the dealership)

(3) how many of you would just put down a deposit before the car is release for sale?

Any comments are welcome!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think price will be as list until they have too many to sell - if at all, at least one year.

I put my deposit down expecting to pay list price and hoping they give a decent trade-in price to offset the bigger wheel costs.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
The price is set from corporate before the car even hits the lot. Honda's depreciation has always been minimal like Toyota because of there excellent reputation for reliability and value. Of coarse the more "rare" or "unique" a car is the more and longer the resale value it will have until a new body style or the market is flooded with them.

Mark up- legal extortion to me. Mark up is set by the dealer who tries to steal extra cash on the popularity of a vehicle. In recent sales the PT Cruiser, New Beetle, EVO and the MINI all had it. I will never- EVER pay mark up on a vehicle. It is money you will lose on top what money you will lose on depreciation. In my opinion, you might as well flush your money down the toilet. I was on a year wait list for my MINI at one dealership because it was the only dealer in California that didn't have mark up while others where charging 1,500K to 6,000K when they first came out.

Chances are if you put down a deposit and get in writing the price you are going to pay and if the dealer does decide to add a mark up chances are you wont have to pay it. However, if they have some kind of "sell- a- thon", dealer discount, or some other special introductory offer when the CR-Z hits the lots, there is also a posibility you wont be able to get it because you have already agreed on a price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For sure the list price will stay the same and of course the dealership will say that they won't negotiate but...when you get into actually buying the vehicle they should be able to negotiate a max of $2000. Well at least that's my experience.

Graeme

·
Registered
32 Posts
CRZ pricing

i just test drove the lx cvt today and we really want to get the car.
Does anyone know if any dealer is offering discount? If so how much?

Also, is the EX worth the price difference?
I love Xenon lights but LX, I can install it for 100$. Would you get the lx or ex?
I usually keep a car for a year or two max.

Please advise. I am on East Coast near DC.
Local dealer said MSRP, which i am okay with but if I can get discount then it would be even sweeter.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
EX adds more than just headlights and for the $1500 extra price tag... i think it's wayyy worth it... in fact i have a hard time justifying NOT getting the EX over the base model...

things i must have on a car if it's offered:
HIDs
Leather wrapped steering wheel (almost worth it by itself)
200 more watts of sound plus subwoofer
Fog Lights
VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist)
Bluetooth
and more...

but if you add up those things alone the price would be more than $1500 to add all of that stuff to the car after buying it... besides it's only a few dollars more on the monthly payment... in the end you should just get what you want...

·
Registered
415 Posts
For sure the list price will stay the same and of course the dealership will say that they won't negotiate but...when you get into actually buying the vehicle they should be able to negotiate a max of $2000. Well at least that's my experience.

Graeme
wait r u saying you got 2000 off msrp on a crz? :cry:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Vsa is actually standard bear. Your probably thinking of the fit. In my case getting the ex would be the difference between getting a loan or not at all so ill be most likely just get the base.
Yes, VSA is standard on the base CRZ, what is strange is that the EX adds a dashboard light indicating if it is on or off. I don't know if this means that on the base you cannot deactivate VSA?

It is a strange additional feature of the EX version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.