Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For those who don't want to randomly splice into wires, JDM will have a idle stop canceller. It's only for the Manual (6MT) so those of us with CVT will still have to just splice into the wires. Without import it's MSRP $144, and I'm sure the instructions are in Japanese. :p

Pivot Idle Stop Canceller (ISC)

-Hoi

·
Registered
271 Posts
To Force Autostop in the MT6.
1. Get the engine to stop. (Stop in gear 2-6, or neutral)
2. Shift into neutral, keeping foot on brake
3. Release Clutch
4. Slide back into any gear except 1rst. with out clutch
Engine will stay off.

Clutch back in, into first to start. K

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I use a brick and some twine on my gas pedal and labeled it "auto go"
:p

-Hoi
:hi5: Hoi is on a roll. Good stuff. Thanks for the humor..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i want the opposite one - enforce autostop, my car always start up after like 1.5mins when the traffic is jammed.......:dunno:
If you don't release the clutch it starts back up after a short time. Which I've found is about the time it takes a light to go from red to green ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like the auto stop feature. Knowing that im saving gas even at a stop is a good feeling. But it's always a slight force getting back into gear from auto stop. I hate that. So what i do, i rev the gas up to get it to idle again and then it goes smooth. Anyone else suffer that? 6MT here btw.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like the auto stop feature. Knowing that im saving gas even at a stop is a good feeling. But it's always a slight force getting back into gear from auto stop. I hate that. So what i do, i rev the gas up to get it to idle again and then it goes smooth. Anyone else suffer that? 6MT here btw.
Don't have that issue... but there is definately a slightly (very slightly) notchier feel to first gear, than the others on mine... but comapread to the truck transimission I had in my SRT-4, this Honda is like butter.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Don't have that issue... but there is definately a slightly (very slightly) notchier feel to first gear, than the others on mine... but comapread to the truck transimission I had in my SRT-4, this Honda is like butter.
Yea you are right, it's not that bad actually. I'm making it into more than it really is. As usual! :p

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you don't release the clutch it starts back up after a short time. Which I've found is about the time it takes a light to go from red to green ;)
You are exactly right, the timing is just fit into red to green, which is awesome, but in traffic jam, I hope I have the way to force it stop again.

Btw, I hope the trick works well for MT, but I have a CVT.....:cry:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.