Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I will now change my Honda Radio Blutooth unit, againt a Kenwood Nav DNX9260.

Also I will replace the factory speakers against some more powerfull ones. Now I would like to get some inspiration from some peoples which have allready intalled an aftermarket amp. Maybe you can tell me or show some pics where you have installed the amp. I am getting nuts, as I don´t find an appropriate intall location for the amp.

My idea is to hide the amp and to install it in the false bottom of the trunk, but probably the heat will be a problem.... :rolleyes:

Happy for every suggestion.

Thanks for your support. :thumbsup:
CR-Z Cruiser

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm not very impressed with the subwoofer in my EX/Nav audio system. I can tell it's working when I put my ear next to it, but it doesn't make much difference when I slide the SW level bar from min to max.
Don

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm not very impressed with the subwoofer in my EX/Nav audio system. I can tell it's working when I put my ear next to it, but it doesn't make much difference when I slide the SW level bar from min to max.
Don

You know, I think the same thing as you - I honestly can't hear my sub from the driver seat (even on like club-dance-tunes) when the meter is 0 versus when it is maxed out. I can hear it kind of make noise if I put my face up to it though.

But there's actually a thread where people talk about how great the factory sound system is.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/5433-crz-factory-stereo-ex-model.html

Maybe our sub/amps are like totally busted or something.

Maybe I need to get some rap CDs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You know I read somewhere else that someone said they didn't notice the sub... Maybe there is something wrong with you system because I can really hear/feel mine when a song with any kind of base is playing. What kind of music do you listen to though?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm really interested in what RedefinedCRZ did to install a shallow sub... seems like a good compromise of more bass without putting a big box across the load deck.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/inter...em-installed-lots-blue-leds-well-some-cf.html

Regarding the piss-poor stock sub... doesn't really matter the song - Skynyrd, Van Halen, and GNR sound okay (probably Nostalgia factor due to listening on Walkmans).

... but songs like this sound kind of dull and are really missing down low.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You know, I think the same thing as you - I honestly can't hear my sub from the driver seat (even on like club-dance-tunes) when the meter is 0 versus when it is maxed out. I can hear it kind of make noise if I put my face up to it though.

But there's actually a thread where people talk about how great the factory sound system is.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/5433-crz-factory-stereo-ex-model.html

Maybe our sub/amps are like totally busted or something.

Maybe I need to get some rap CDs.
Maybe violin concerti is the wrong material for a subwoofer. Have to play when I get home. Now driving my 93 year old mother's 3.5L Hyundai genesis coupe around.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yeah, my ex sub seems good - playing the TRON soundtrack with the volume in the 12-14 range you can feel it thumping in your chest.
Same here... Tron: Reconfigured soundtrack really bumps well, the regular Tron one with the score on it, bumps but its not really made to be bumping the way Reconfigured is.

I drive with windows own alot so my range is more 17-24 I use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.