Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after a few months wait I picked up my cr-z yesterday.

It's a white Sport with dynamics+ pack. Went for standard wheels as they will be changed soon. Also choose the Sport as the GT steals head room and adds extra weight with things I didn't need. (I'm 6 foot 4 & fit fine)

First impressions are very very good. It's got such a premium feel to it for a Honda. Feels very solid, with very precise controls. Not as quick as I was hoping even in Sport mode but I'm still running it in so not gone above 4000rpm yet. Tried the handling out a bit. Now this is where is shines, the back end is sooo lively. The amount of Lift off oversteer is increadable and really makes the car fun especially with the stability control off. Can't wait to try it on some proper windy roads. The boot has more room than I thought, the dashboard is fantastic and the gearbox has very good ratios. The start-stop system works great.

I also was amazed that at 70mph with cruise control on in ECO mode it was actually charging the battery slightly. I thought it would only be charging during decceleration.

If anyone's interested I will write more once I've done more miles. Feel free to ask me any questions. Here are a couple of pics......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike! Good spot! Yes they are different. In the dynamic + pack the mirrors gain silver finish to match the silver front grille. When I ordered them I thought I would end up painting them black but now in real life I think I like them silver! :cool:

Looks really good :thumbsup: !!

Do you have upgraded mirrors or are they factory?? Looks like they have a different finish on them but may be the angle of the picture??

·
Registered
91 Posts
I get mine on Tuesday, a red sport. Did yours come with mudflaps and mats? I made sure I got them as part of my deal. Mudflaps are on order, so I doubt if i will get them on before Tuesday. Also, how did your insurance go. To swap over from a Type S GT civic, it is costing me nothing, which suggests that the insurance is less then the GT.

Anyway, congrats. It looks great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I'll take some more pics over the weekend. :thumbsup:

Ian, trust me it's worth the wait. I've seen a red one in the flesh & it looked great!

As for mudflaps, I didn't want any, I think they ruin a cars looks (just my opinion). I made sure I haggled in some free mats tho when I ordered my car. They are official Honda CR-Z mats in the light beige colour (dirty already) so I'm hoping some black ones will be available soon.

It's the little details that make this car feel more than a normal Honda. Honda's always feel nice to drive & grow on you more & more but never really feel like a premium european car until now...

It's the little details they've worked so hard on such as....
Blue lighting from ceiling, footwells, above cup holders. Bright lights on the bottom of the doors to help light up what your about to stand in. Felted ipod cubby. Good quality switches & materials. Air conditioned glove box to keep drinks chilled. Interesting dash, all sorts of things to keep you amused. An amazing stereo with extra tweeters and a sub which sounds fantastic for a standard car. A rear tonneu cover that can be mounted in 3 positions incase you still want to access part of the boot from the inside on the car. Cruise control. Rear parking sensors with little screen in dash. A flick-knife style key fob. Height adjustable driver seat.
The list goes on...........

Looking forward to the first uk meet and 600 miles on the clock so I can try it's full power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got mine yesterday, too. White Sport with the 17" alloys. I'm in the UK and dealer says no more alloys (or floor mats!) until July 22nd. Counting myself lucky.

Live next to a huge rock festival so not going anywhere for a few days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.