Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
The 600Hz horn looks bigger. Is it louder?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct, the 600Hz is louder than the 500Hz. They come together in a set. :)

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

·
Registered
270 Posts
i fixed the links for the videos on your post...

question: can you tell us, for comparison of numbers purposes, what Hz is the stock horn??
Even more important... what are the Decibel ratings on the PIAA versus the stock?
You got me. I don't know how much Hz is the stock horn making BUT I know the stock horn is putting out 110db and the PIAA is 115db.

can these just be swapped with stock or is some modification needed.
You can mount the horns where the stock horns were. You will need to hook up the power and the ground. Total time including removing the bumper will take about 30 mins (DIY).

·
Registered
251 Posts
The biggest thing I would worry about is the longevity of the horn. I kind of like the small horn on the small car, but that PIAA horn would surprise people. Either that, or put an airhorn/train horn somewhere lol

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did u chop off the connector and just solder on a new one for the power lead?

-Hoi
Hey Hoi,

No we didn't chop the connectors and do any soldering. The PIAA horns come with 2 connectors. The ground is just plug and play and the power lead was actually cut and "T'ed", but we joined them with a male to female plug to get power. :)

Hope that helps you out.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey Hoi,

No we didn't chop the connectors and do any soldering. The PIAA horns come with 2 connectors. The ground is just plug and play and the power lead was actually cut and "T'ed", but we joined them with a male to female plug to get power. :)

Hope that helps you out.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
By any chance did you take any pics ?

I just got my PIAA 500/600 horns and plan to install this weekend.

J

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By any chance did you take any pics ?

I just got my PIAA 500/600 horns and plan to install this weekend.

J
Unfortunately, we didn't take any pics, but if we get another one in there, we'll make sure we got some photos. :)

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.