Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I have my iphone plugged in the usb cable playing, and I get a call, it conveniently silences the music and links up the hands free - fantastic.

however, when the call is finished, it does not resume playing my music.

I have to power off/on the stereo to get my music to come back.

is this normal, or is anyone experiencing this differently??

:sadwavey:

PS it's an iphone4 w/their current OS release.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine interrupts when the phone rings and the stereo comes back on the instant it hangs up after the "Boo Dooop".

·
Registered
669 Posts
This may depend on who terminates the call. If the radio is still displaying 'handsfreelink' in the display, you need to hit the 'back' button to fully exit the system. You'll hear the double "Boo Dooop" as noted the audio should return.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i have a t-mobile phone, most of the time it sinks with the car no prob. once in a while it doesnt and i have to do it manually. Some times it even unsinks and resinks seconds later while im in the car driving. But when im done with a call i can wait for it to hang up on its own which most times takes longer then my patience so i just hang it up manually by pressing that button twice and i immediately get the Bee Doop sound and music comes on. OP have you tried that?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Is ur iPhone Jailbroken? If so you may have another app interferring with it. :beer:
it's not jailbroken - just a plain off-the shelf iphone 4, with the latest OS/firmware available.

This may depend on who terminates the call. If the radio is still displaying 'handsfreelink' in the display, you need to hit the 'back' button to fully exit the system. You'll hear the double "Boo Dooop" as noted the audio should return.
I am ending the call using the buttons. I hit back/end call like 400 times to be sure - still no music returns.

:sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey:

·
Registered
669 Posts
it's not jailbroken - just a plain off-the shelf iphone 4, with the latest OS/firmware available.

I am ending the call using the buttons. I hit back/end call like 400 times to be sure - still no music returns.

:sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey:
Are you still seeing HFL in the radio display? If not, maybe try an iPod or someone else's phone with the USB port. If the problem persists, try a different cable. If the problem persists, then you've probably accounted for as many variables as you can and I'd think about taking the car in.

Also, forgot to ask; is the iPhone both the paired device and the selected music playback device? What happens if you're playing the radio or CD? IMO, you need to find out if the problem is the phone or the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine doesn't resume about 50% of the time, so power on/off is the way out. Not as annoying as when the damn iPhone forgets the track it was playing before last car restart.
i have the same problem every time i hang up. for the record i am using an iPhone 3gs with latest iOS (not jailbroken). I find that if i press the talk button on the steering wheel and end it again, the music comes back on. This might be an incompatibility issue with the phone being both a paired device and a music playback device.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you still seeing HFL in the radio display? If not, maybe try an iPod or someone else's phone with the USB port. If the problem persists, try a different cable. If the problem persists, then you've probably accounted for as many variables as you can and I'd think about taking the car in.

Also, forgot to ask; is the iPhone both the paired device and the selected music playback device? What happens if you're playing the radio or CD? IMO, you need to find out if the problem is the phone or the car.
Yes it is the paired device and music playback device. I will try another cable and a friend's iphone and see if I get any different results. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As others have said, it seems this is not a fault so much with the car, but with the iPhone. My guess is that the iphone is forgetting to return to being music player. I use an old (video) ipod-nano in my CRZ as the music device, and my 3g iPhone is paired to the car's bluetooth. I've not had any trouble with this setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.