Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Pearl White CRZ GT - Scotland

6K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  rindo 
#1 ·
Hi all. Let me introduce the car I am helping to build for my girlfriend. Its a 60 plate pearl white CRZ GT with a few extra packs from Honda. Cars only purpose will be doing trips and car shows/meets. Some mods have already been done. Will keep adding it here when I will have time. Here are some pics from the 1st day when bought. Already looking very different from this :)
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Steering wheel

See less See more
#6 ·
First a little story. We have been looking for the right example of CRZ GT for quite some time. Being so rare around here, finding one that would fit what we wanted was challenging. First plan was to get a highly modified example but after a few deals not going thru, we have settled for a different aproach. We have bought the car for a very happy price as the plan is to replace almost everything :) I have already built a high power n/a FN2 before this, so took the challenge on my shoulders :) So here we are, 128k miles, decent history but extremely dirty. Both inside and outside was a disaster. It all started with a simple service and clean...
Match Rectangle Font Office supplies Electric blue
Product Fluid Gas Gadget Postal scale
Material property Battery Font Electric blue Rectangle
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

#24 ·
After a proper check on all parts of the car and replacing 1 wheel bearing we were ready for the 1st trip. This was before doing anything major to the car - The NC500. We have done 939 Miles altogether and achieved 47.1 mpg :) Car was flawless and never let us down. It was a great experience and and superb way how to get used to driving the CRZ. Few snaps from the Highlands.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle registration plate
Water resources Ecoregion World Map Azure

#30 ·
With the miles the car has already covered we have added some polybushes to replace the tired rubber.
Hand Purple Human body Cosmetics Liquid

Automotive tire Tire Purple Wheel Font

Hat Plant Wood Gas Asphalt

Followed ty Tein Street Basis Z coilovers for some height drop and replacing the tired shocks and springs. Full geo has also been done with no issues found.
Automotive tire Green Audio equipment Office supplies Gas

#31 ·
Next phase of this project was to put on some new wheels and to overhaul the front brakes. We now have a freshly powdercoated set of black EP3 alloys wrapped in Uniroyal Rainsport 5 (205/45/17) tyres. Followed by a set of OEM black wheel nuts and black locking wheel nuts.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire
Rectangle Wood Gadget Material property Recreation

Plant Material property Font Automotive tire Ingredient
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

On the rear we have Pagid discs with Pagid pads and new OEM calipers painted blue. For the front we had a set of EP3 calipers refurbished and now we have a Pagid 300mm disc/Pagid pads BBK thanks to this. Makes a great difference to the braking on a very friendly budget.
Light Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Automotive tire Rectangle Font Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

Along with the brake job we have swapped the original brake lines for a set of blue braided Goodridge lines. Brake fluid and clutch fluid drained and replaced with Motul RBF660. At this point wheel spacers have also been added to the mix. Front has received 15mm and rear 20mm spacers. We have achieved a very nice wide-ish, low-ish stance that does not rub at any conditions.
Automotive tire Locking hubs Wheel Vehicle brake Alloy wheel

Font Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Circuit component Electric blue

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#32 ·
That's a very similar set up to what I have got on / got planned for mine. Have been running the Tein Basis Z coilovers now for around 2 years and not had any issues with them. Just had to raise the back end up a bit once they had settled in (about 6 months). Also got a full set of M-Tec Disks to go all round with Pagid disks.
Product Water Font Automotive lighting Cameras & optics

Keep up the good work and keep us posted how you get on with the set up.

#33 ·
That's a very similar set up to what I have got on / got planned for mine. Have been running the Tein Basis Z coilovers now for around 2 years and not had any issues with them. Just had to raise the back end up a bit once they had settled in (about 6 months). Also got a full set of M-Tec Disks to go all round with Pagid disks.
View attachment 67960
Keep up the good work and keep us posted how you get on with the set up.
The rear is lifted all the way as much as the Tein coilovers allow. No point going too low as this car will be used on UK roads/whats left of it :)

#34 ·
Been quite a while since I had a bit of time to update this, so here we go.

Takeda Momentum Air Intake added along with a GE8 intake manifold. Easy DIY job. Also sourced a 1.8 civic TB I will be adapting to replace the stock one next year. Added bonnet struts and more blue accesories.
Hood Vehicle Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Car

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Auto part

Gas Composite material Metal Auto part Titanium

#35 ·
We have also added a HKS Silent Hi-Power Exhaust into the mix. This is a 2nd hand item and it has been hand polished before installation. Pictures before and after are below. Really happy with the non intrusive sound in lower revs. Nice and throaty over 4K RPM.

Cylinder Gas Wind instrument Auto part Nickel

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part

Pen Office supplies Metal Cylinder Gun accessory

#37 ·
Winter time in Scotland made us realize how bad the lights were in our CRZ. Replaced now with OSRAM units and the difference is huge. Steep price for bulbs but it was worth it. Xenon bulbs have been still the originals from factory (made in japan) :)
Product Font Line Automotive lighting Circle

Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Auto part Liquid

Hand Finger Audio equipment Material property Lamp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.