Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Aye and you all better be at Honda Day Scotland on the 26th June!

I've just had a quote from Preserve and Protect in Johnstone who offer an exceptional Dinitrol underseal and cavity wax injection for £840 inc.VAT. I'm going to go ahead with it because it's a small price to pay to have piece of mind.

Hopefully see you at HDS guys!
That is where I will get my fn2 done this year. Unfortunately me and my gf are both abroad when the honda day is on. Feel free to join our honda club tho "Type R Scotland", you will not be able to miss our gazebo :) we attend all the big events around scotland and most wee ones too, off to mimms on sunday ;)

·
Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
112 Posts
That is where I will get my fn2 done this year. Unfortunately me and my gf are both abroad when the honda day is on. Feel free to join our honda club tho "Type R Scotland", you will not be able to miss our gazebo :) we attend all the big events around scotland and most wee ones too, off to mimms on sunday ;)
I've just replied to b book it in for September. That's a shame you are missing HDS. I was at the original Mimms back in 2011 and 2012. Been to a couple of the Rockingham ones too in my Honda Legend KB1 and my brother came with his Insight ZE1 in Citrus Yellow. Might go back down at some point but it's a fair old drive as you know.

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've just replied to b book it in for September. That's a shame you are missing HDS. I was at the original Mimms back in 2011 and 2012. Been to a couple of the Rockingham ones too in my Honda Legend KB1 and my brother came with his Insight ZE1 in Citrus Yellow. Might go back down at some point but it's a fair old drive as you know.
We are convoying down in high numbers, should be good fun :) next event we will attend after this will be 5th of jun saturday the boness car show. Type R Scotland stand as always ;)

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
After a proper check on all parts of the car and replacing 1 wheel bearing we were ready for the 1st trip. This was before doing anything major to the car - The NC500. We have done 939 Miles altogether and achieved 47.1 mpg :) Car was flawless and never let us down. It was a great experience and and superb way how to get used to driving the CRZ. Few snaps from the Highlands.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle registration plate
Water resources Ecoregion World Map Azure

·
Registered
CRZ
47 Posts
Brilliant run that! Good to hear you had no hickups. Question time! Are those like sideskirt addons? Mine doesnt have that.. and the mirrors! Are those indicators in those lens? I read that the US version came with those but didnt come with fold in mirrors.

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Brilliant run that! Good to hear you had no hickups. Question time! Are those like sideskirt addons? Mine doesnt have that.. and the mirrors! Are those indicators in those lens? I read that the US version came with those but didnt come with fold in mirrors.
As far as I am aware all these bits are part of some dynamic/styling packs. Optional extras from honda in the UK. Somebody correct me if this is not right please :)

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
With the miles the car has already covered we have added some polybushes to replace the tired rubber.
Hand Purple Human body Cosmetics Liquid

Automotive tire Tire Purple Wheel Font

Hat Plant Wood Gas Asphalt

Followed ty Tein Street Basis Z coilovers for some height drop and replacing the tired shocks and springs. Full geo has also been done with no issues found.
Automotive tire Green Audio equipment Office supplies Gas

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Next phase of this project was to put on some new wheels and to overhaul the front brakes. We now have a freshly powdercoated set of black EP3 alloys wrapped in Uniroyal Rainsport 5 (205/45/17) tyres. Followed by a set of OEM black wheel nuts and black locking wheel nuts.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire
Rectangle Wood Gadget Material property Recreation

Plant Material property Font Automotive tire Ingredient
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

On the rear we have Pagid discs with Pagid pads and new OEM calipers painted blue. For the front we had a set of EP3 calipers refurbished and now we have a Pagid 300mm disc/Pagid pads BBK thanks to this. Makes a great difference to the braking on a very friendly budget.
Light Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Automotive tire Rectangle Font Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

Along with the brake job we have swapped the original brake lines for a set of blue braided Goodridge lines. Brake fluid and clutch fluid drained and replaced with Motul RBF660. At this point wheel spacers have also been added to the mix. Front has received 15mm and rear 20mm spacers. We have achieved a very nice wide-ish, low-ish stance that does not rub at any conditions.
Automotive tire Locking hubs Wheel Vehicle brake Alloy wheel

Font Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Circuit component Electric blue

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's a very similar set up to what I have got on / got planned for mine. Have been running the Tein Basis Z coilovers now for around 2 years and not had any issues with them. Just had to raise the back end up a bit once they had settled in (about 6 months). Also got a full set of M-Tec Disks to go all round with Pagid disks.
Product Water Font Automotive lighting Cameras & optics

Keep up the good work and keep us posted how you get on with the set up.

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That's a very similar set up to what I have got on / got planned for mine. Have been running the Tein Basis Z coilovers now for around 2 years and not had any issues with them. Just had to raise the back end up a bit once they had settled in (about 6 months). Also got a full set of M-Tec Disks to go all round with Pagid disks.
View attachment 67960
Keep up the good work and keep us posted how you get on with the set up.
The rear is lifted all the way as much as the Tein coilovers allow. No point going too low as this car will be used on UK roads/whats left of it :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts