Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Let me introduce the car I am helping to build for my girlfriend. Its a 60 plate pearl white CRZ GT with a few extra packs from Honda. Cars only purpose will be doing trips and car shows/meets. Some mods have already been done. Will keep adding it here when I will have time. Here are some pics from the 1st day when bought. Already looking very different from this :)
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First a little story. We have been looking for the right example of CRZ GT for quite some time. Being so rare around here, finding one that would fit what we wanted was challenging. First plan was to get a highly modified example but after a few deals not going thru, we have settled for a different aproach. We have bought the car for a very happy price as the plan is to replace almost everything :) I have already built a high power n/a FN2 before this, so took the challenge on my shoulders :) So here we are, 128k miles, decent history but extremely dirty. Both inside and outside was a disaster. It all started with a simple service and clean...
Match Rectangle Font Office supplies Electric blue
Product Fluid Gas Gadget Postal scale
Material property Battery Font Electric blue Rectangle
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
301 Posts
I see the serpentine belt was never replaced so it's worth replacing this one also the clutch fluid level is low. Why not replace brake fluid and clutch fluid as well? You will be surprised how contaminated the clutch fluid will be...

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see the serpentine belt was never replaced so it's worth replacing this one also the clutch fluid level is low. Why not replace brake fluid and clutch fluid as well? You will be surprised how contaminated the clutch fluid will be...
Read the first post before trying to be a smart ass. All this has been done in the past and way more. Will be adding it here as I will have time. If you want to follow, do so, if you dont then please leave ;)

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,320 Posts
Read the first post before trying to be a smart ass. All this has been done in the past and way more. Will be adding it here as I will have time. If you want to follow, do so, if you dont then please leave ;)
Ok, so first off, he was trying to be helpful, not a smartass.

Second off, he did say "the plan is to replace everything."

Lets try to keep things civil and not involve the moderators.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Rindo, from a fellow Scot. Now on my 6th Z since 2014 and if there was one piece of advice I would give to any owners, especially in Scotland, it's underseal, lots of it, strip it to bits and get it blitzed. (y)

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Rindo, from a fellow Scot. Now on my 6th Z since 2014 and if there was one piece of advice I would give to any owners, especially in Scotland, it's underseal, lots of it, strip it to bits and get it blitzed. (y)
It is the plan but much later, it is not too bad, most of its life it was inland in south of england. Where do you stay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is the plan but much later, it is not too bad, most of its life it was inland in south of england. Where do you stay?

Same as my current one, purposely looked for a southern car so I had a good base to start with, some cars from further north like Aberdeen are now at the stage of scrapping because they are that rotted with road salt, doesn't help that the factory undersealing is exceptionally poor and the metal is thin. I'm in Fife.

·
Registered
2010 GT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same as my current one, purposely looked for a southern car so I had a good base to start with, some cars from further north like Aberdeen are now at the stage of scrapping because they are that rotted with road salt, doesn't help that the factory undersealing is exceptionally poor and the metal is thin. I'm in Fife.
Same story with every honda that was living in Scotland. Bathgate here.

·
Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
112 Posts
a fellow Scot
I'm in Fife.
Bathgate here.
Place is fine. Nae need to sulk.
Aye and you all better be at Honda Day Scotland on the 26th June!

I've just had a quote from Preserve and Protect in Johnstone who offer an exceptional Dinitrol underseal and cavity wax injection for £840 inc.VAT. I'm going to go ahead with it because it's a small price to pay to have piece of mind.

Hopefully see you at HDS guys!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts