Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I turn off the car, it will Auto Unlock the driver side but not the passenger. Is there any factory option interface that can allow me to change this? They should have tapped into the Air Bag sensor in the seat. When it detects weight it will auto unlock when turned off.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't seem to have this on my (UK) car.
Do you set it up through the MID customisation, or some other method?

It's not mentioned in the manual and the dealer said it didn't have auto lock/unlock.
A shame if it's missing as I found it useful on my last car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
OMG could it be that US has some thing the OK market doesnt? i doubt it
You could be right - I've been having a trawl and it seems Honda don't like us having auto-locking here.
On some Civics it was an "undocumented feature", but I've seen posts on Civic forums saying Honda instructed their technicians to turn it off if they found a car with it enabled. On later ECU releases they deleted the function altogether.

·
Registered
281 Posts
OK, so I had a look at the online US Owner's Manual and you have extra menus in the MID configuration to change door locking, interior light settings etc. On the UK model we only have the "Meter" section of the customisable settings :cry:

·
Registered
281 Posts
we've been robbed. Spent ages searching for the "eco" default on start up. This is not on the UK ver. Or if it is I can't find it.
You can select HOLD ECON MODE from the CHG SETIINGS menu.
Not used it, but it is in there - I think it only remembers ECON if you were in that mode when you turned the ignition off though. It will (I think) still default to Normal if you were in Sport or Normal when you last turned off.

A bit of a disappointment that we don't have the other settings though. Not sure why manufacturers decide not include these things in some markets - it's only software so no cost involved.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As for the lock issue, I've set mine for all doors but it won't unlock the passenger door when I put it into Park. Annoying.

Al
Al, its a separate setting in the Information Menu. It can be confusing, but we actually have two sub menus, one for locking doors and one for unlocking doors... I believe the two choices are having the doors unlock when shifting into park, or when shutting off the engine... Wish I could remember how to get there, but its in the manual and does work. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.