Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested in getting a CR-Z, and surprisingly so is my fiancée. The biggest negative we see is that the passenger seat does not adjust for height and it sits pretty close to the floor, so when she sits her legs have to be streched out or bent to the point where her knees are near her face (and she is only 5 feet tall!).

What I would like to know is what are owners' opinion of the passenger seats, especially for long distances. Have your gf's, wives, relatives complained much?

I was also thinking of putting some mats on the seat so she can bend her legs a little. We drive to NY from CT often so this is very important to us (it could even be a deal-breaker which means no CR-Z for me :cry:)

Thanks in advance!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I'm very interested in getting a CR-Z, and surprisingly so is my fiancée. The biggest negative we see is that the passenger seat does not adjust for height and it sits pretty close to the floor, so when she sits her legs have to be streched out or bent to the point where her knees are near her face (and she is only 5 feet tall!).

What I would like to know is what are owners' opinion of the passenger seats, especially for long distances. Have your gf's, wives, relatives complained much?

I was also thinking of putting some mats on the seat so she can bend her legs a little. We drive to NY often so this is very important to us (it could even be a deal-breaker which means no CR-Z for me :cry:)

Thanks in advance!
My better half is short and has no complaints. Others who have sit there have been comfortable regardless of size. No issues for me/us.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for your responses.

One follow-up question from her, she says the seat itself is fine, its the height that bothers her because her legs are not in a more natural sitting position (like when in our TSX). Any thoughts on the height of the passenger seat?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also, what about when they wear dresses or skirts? seems like when the knees are bent it would create great up-skirt viewing for guys passing by the passenger side.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
:popcorn:

Go out and take one for a test drive with the GF in the passenger side. See how it works for you and her. Ask the dealer to stand outside and see if he sees anything... Maybe take a video or pic. We can then better help judge if you post it..

Sorry, could not resist. I'm teasing. To be honest, no, I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Go out and take one for a test drive with the GF in the passenger side. See how it works for you and her. Ask the dealer to stand outside and see if he sees anything... Maybe take a video or pic. We can then better help judge if you post it..

Sorry, could not resist. To be honest, no, I would not worry about it.
hehe, maybe I could get a discount by doing that :hi5:.

We have test driven it and thats how we found out that the passenger seat sits pretty low.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks all for your responses.

One follow-up question from her, she says the seat itself is fine, its the height that bothers her because her legs are not in a more natural sitting position (like when in our TSX). Any thoughts on the height of the passenger seat?
My girlfriend is 5' 8" and doesn't mind the seat. She says she might like it a bit higher, but that it's not uncomfortable. We often travel 30 min away, longest trip so far about an hour, and she's willing to go on a long (10+ hour) road trip in it. No complaints.

She says she sits with her legs out or bent, either way. She'd be worried about skirts if she wore them that short. :p I guess if your fiancée wears really short dresses or skirts it could be a problem...or you could tint the windows. :)

·
Registered
669 Posts

Sorry, could not resist. I'm teasing. To be honest, no, I would not worry about it.
Ha ha! :thumbsup: Seriously, getting in and out in a low sports car is a learned talent. It doesn't take long to figure it out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used to ride in my brother's DC2 which also has low passenger seat and I dont mind, but she is not used to it. She likes the seat itself, its the height that she is afraid she wont like on longer trips.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Consider a seat bolster to take of space and help push her forward?
It's not that she needs to move forward, she just wants to be taller in the seat, so maybe more of a pad or mat that she can sit on to make her taller.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the bolster would just have better side support and maybe push her forward a little more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My fiances 5"1' and her biggest issue is just that the seat is lower and she wants to be higher up. I just told her to get over it and also lied and said that is isnt that low, it just looks that way because you cant see the hood since it slants down more then her accord.

As for the skirt issue, tinted windows can handle that during drives and when she has to get out be a gentlemen and open the door for her. That way when she gets out you can block anyone view and get some up skirt action of your own..... Thats what I do :eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My fiances 5"1' and her biggest issue is just that the seat is lower and she wants to be higher up. I just told her to get over it and also lied and said that is isnt that low, it just looks that way because you cant see the hood since it slants down more then her accord.

As for the skirt issue, tinted windows can handle that during drives and when she has to get out be a gentlemen and open the door for her. That way when she gets out you can block anyone view and get some up skirt action of your own..... Thats what I do :eek:hyeah:
Yea, thats exactly what she says, that she would like to be higher up. The skirt thing is more secondary and not a dealbreaker. I already the "its not really lower" technique to now avail.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.