Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search and didn't find anything on these particular questions.

Beyond the obvious vulnerability of the front end, it looks like the area in front of the rear wheels could get pretty chipped-up. It looks like the sides flair out a bit behind the doors - a perfect place for crap to get thrown up by the front wheels and hit the lower bodywork.

For those of you that have put some miles on your CR-Z's, have you noticed any paint damage in the lower sides of the car in front of the rear wheels?

I haven't looked yet - has anyone seen any pre-cut paint film kits on the market yet for the CR-Z?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I guess if the pros aren't making pre-cut stuff for the area, it must not be as vulnerable as I feared (or they just don't see a market for it). Perhaps Honda is using more flex additive in the paint for this area. I dunno...

·
Registered
156 Posts
They're selling the kit, with video instal instruction and squeegee thrown in. OR
They'll also do it for you. They did my tint and were FANTASTIC! I've seen the kit on other sites but for more money. I don't have guts to do it myself.

But I have already, sad to say, gotten a chip on my front. Road construction on way to work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is my one FAIL so far. I had installed the paint kit from Invisible Mask before without problems on other cars. I bought the grill kit the hood kit, fender kit and mirror kit. Fender and hood went on ok..ish, mirror I would like to do over but it's barely acceptable (I am talking about my job not the quality of the kit). The actual grill kit fogedaboutit!!!! I worked for several hours one saturday and could not get it on to save my soul. Too many angles etc. and it had to stretch across the top of the grill and I just couldn't match it to the emblem opening and still keep it lined up all the way across. $140 snatched off the car and tossed in the dumpster! The vinyl grill cover may chip but at least it won't rust.

My recommendation= unless you're a pro have a pro do the job if you have to have the grill bra. Otherwise get ready for a real battle! :sadwavey:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Volunteer Admin
2011 CRZ EX, and 2011 CRZ Mugen 060/300
6,182 Posts
I put 3M Scotchguard PPF on my hood and door handles. I haven't noticed any scratches or scrapes around my rear wheels that weren't already there when I bought it [used].

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.