Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Here's a pic of my hood so you guys know what I mean. Anyone else have this happening. Look at the dark spot in the center of the hood. It actually looks lighter in person, but in the pic it came dark. I noticed it months ago, showed it to the dealer, but it was very small then and they said a repaint would never be as good as factory, but now the problem is getting worse and very noticeable.

· Registered
38 Posts
Here's a pic of my hood so you guys know what I mean. Anyone else have this happening. Look at the dark spot in the center of the hood. It actually looks lighter in person, but in the pic it came dark. I noticed it months ago, showed it to the dealer, but it was very small then and they said a repaint would never be as good as factory, but now the problem is getting worse and very noticeable.
can you take a picture not at night to try and show this? Also from a few different angles? Just looks like condensation in the picture you posted, can't tell anything from it.

· Registered
38 Posts
Also, I know the op was a long time ago, but all the spots are is rail dust, industrial fallout and deposits left from road salt. It happens on every car, just easier to see on lighter colors.

These are pictures of the same thing on my WRX after a winter where salt was on the ground a majority of the time.

This winter was very mild so my crz had one or two spots on it. They come off easily with a clay bar. If you keep the car sealed and waxed they come off even easier, if they stick in the first place.

· Registered
1,434 Posts
i work at a detail shop and deal with this kind of stuff everyday. lighter color cars such as white and silver show the orange spots more than a black or darker color vehicle. every vehicle on the road has these spots. just some as more noticeable than others.

nothing a claybar and some wax cant handle. you can buy yourself a claybar kit and some wax for 30 bucks. a few hrs of your time and it will be like new again.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.