Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
I was sent to Hondas body shop manager and he tells me its not covered by warranty and that it came from my own brakes. Im gonna escalate the issue to Honda Canada, first im not going to accept this from a 4month old $30,000 vehicle which had less then 5,000k. 2nd ive got a Honda Element bought brand new from the same dealer, driven and beat up everyday and now has over 100,000kms and no sighn of this or any other issue. I know its just claying and waxing but thats their reponsibility for not having fixed an issue that is obviously still exist.
Sorry, how is claying and waxing a car 4 months after delivery their responsibility? Unless you're saying that it was there when you got the car you're not making sense. All cars will get industrial fallout either from brake dust or other contaminants. I don't see how it's anybodies 'fault'

· Registered
669 Posts
Sorry, it might not make sense to you but im sure it does to other people such as myself...
I didn't mean to sound overly harsh, but realistically it's been 5 months since you took delivery. Granted it's been winter and you might not have noticed before this, but I think it's difficult to assign responsibility for this issue.

If you had made the case to the dealer that the contaminants were there when you took delivery, it's still your word against theirs but the length of time you've had the car isn't helpful. Honestly, every white car we've ever owned (2 Toyotas and 2 Acuras) have all shown this type of industrial fallout. I'm sure our dark colored cars had the same contamination, but it just didn't show.

· Registered
669 Posts
^^ Glad to hear it worked out, IMO, it's probably what should have been offered as a goodwill gesture in the first place with the understanding that is would only be done once (in case they missed it when prepping the car)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.