Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photograph Tire Light Car Automotive tire

Today after being stranded with the car, I got a P0303 code from the car and when I went to pull out the spark plug I saw this. Now I changed the spark plug and switched coils to see if the coils were also a issue and I can confirm it’s not the spark plugs. But the car still isn’t running right. I still get the same code. What should I do? Also this is a 2011 Honda CR-Z with about 168,000 miles on it. Let me know what I should do next please.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
342 Posts
Was reading about it, and it looks like it has to do with a cylinder misfire (Cyl. 3). This usually happens either from a bad spark plug or coil. If I were you, I would buy brand new spark plugs and 1 coil for cylinder 3. Before installation, make sure to disconnect your negative battery cable, then once you have replaced the parts, proceed to connect your battery again and initiate the idle relearn procedure.

I've never had this dash error, but this is what I gathered from reading other posts, hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yeah I'd avoid running this engine any further and first endoscope the cylinder to see if that piece is still in there; if so attempt extraction and inspect for damage to every surface inside the cylinder. If no obvious serious damage then compression test. If you're lucky it eroded over time (could be a couple issues) or if it was a solid chunk off somehow got shot out the exhaust before extensive damage. If you won the lottery there then test that cylinder's injector. If the injector is good then it could've been that plug was loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts