Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently started having problems with door handle sticking, not returning to flush position, and door being difficult to open. I'm afraid the door handle may break off. Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, what was the fix?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea this happened to me this summer. And the door did indeed break off. If you're mechanically inclined, you could replace the door handle part but it runs about $120 depending on where u look. Or if u have the dealer do it, possibly $300-500 including the part and labor

·
Registered
46 Posts
Recently started having problems with door handle sticking, not returning to flush position, and door being difficult to open. I'm afraid the door handle may break off. Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, what was the fix?
Same here. I spray it with wd 40 every now and then. That seems to work for a lil while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Handle needs to be replaced. Common problem on these cars. If you use the search on the forums here, you will find tons of info about the issue. Replacing the door handle is a bit of a pain, but the handle only costs like $100+-

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ugh, mine started doing the same thing this past summer; about half the time it doesn't snap back flush. Just a gentle touch and it then snaps flush.

I am assuming the replacement handle will also need to be painted to match?

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
It is a molded plastic part. If available you order in your CR-Zs color.
Ugh, mine started doing the same thing this past summer; about half the time it doesn't snap back flush. Just a gentle touch and it then snaps flush.

I am assuming the replacement handle will also need to be painted to match?

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
They are getting hard to find depending on color and side. You can get the part numbers from this site and either order here or Google for lower cost at a site in your country. https://www.hondapartsnow.com If you find your color available order for both sides it is not a question of if but when with this issue.

Oh, well that's neat!
I will have to see what I can dig up then!
Thanks for the response!!

I suppose I can't be that upset about it wearing out with the car about to roll over 302k km, tbh.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm currently back in the handle replace game myself. My drivers one has failed. Argh.. of course, right when it gets cold!! Figures.

Already did this once on my other car. I think when the weather is nice again I will just pull / replace the entire door with one off my spare car. PITA!

I def need to buy a passenger one and do it as well. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm currently back in the handle replace game myself. My drivers one has failed. Argh.. of course, right when it gets cold!! Figures.

Already did this once on my other car. I think when the weather is nice again I will just pull / replace the entire door with one off my spare car. PITA!

I def need to buy a passenger one and do it as well. :(
Is there a more permanent solution to this? I suspect it’ll be a couple years till the handle starts giving me issues again and they may not keep it in stock :(

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is there a more permanent solution to this? I suspect it’ll be a couple years till the handle starts giving me issues again and they may not keep it in stock :(
No.. once you get a new handle, it should be fixed. The handles you buy from honda to replace with are a newer style with a supposed 'fix'. Or so they say. When I bought my new one and put it in, it felt much better. So... we'll see!!

I need to replace both the handles on this new (to me) crz I got. Not looking forward to it. Luckily, I have a parts car with a door that already has the handle. LOL!! So I might just pull the entire door.

Replacing the handle isn't too hard, just a bit tricky. I needed some help while doing it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No.. once you get a new handle, it should be fixed. The handles you buy from honda to replace with are a newer style with a supposed 'fix'. Or so they say. When I bought my new one and put it in, it felt much better. So... we'll see!!

I need to replace both the handles on this new (to me) crz I got. Not looking forward to it. Luckily, I have a parts car with a door that already has the handle. LOL!! So I might just pull the entire door.

Replacing the handle isn't too hard, just a bit tricky. I needed some help while doing it.
When I did it, it wasn't too bad but one of the bolts was stripped so i had the dealer fix it. But my passenger door is definitely feeling finicky now and might have to replace it once it completely brakes. Hopefully the newer ones are permanently fixed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts