Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after being rear ended, my car is out of commission for an indefinite period of time. The car is so new, that every collision shop in the area is unable to order parts, or give an estimate. Even the Honda dealership's collision center was unable to give me an estimate due to not having the parts in their inventory list...

This is depressing...
:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Is it being filed under insurance? When someone backed in to me, I was covered by their insurance. I took it to Honda's body shop near the dealership and they knew exactly what it was. Are you at a shady dealer or something?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Whatever you do!!!!!: Do NOT used aftermarket panels! Shops will try to save money by doing this, but the a/m panels aren't covered under any warranty and usually leave gaps and can be a slightly different shape than OEM.

Get OEM parts. Unless you're paying out of pocket for the Ever Secksay Noblesse pieces. Love their whole kit. And I'm not a kit person.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to my local Honda dealership, its actually a very large one (not shady at all). It will all be taken care of by the other
persons insurance...but it will take awhile for it to be repaired because they have to order the OEM parts from the Honda factory (I'm assuming). The entire repair will have a lifetime warranty on it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I went to my local Honda dealership, its actually a very large one (not shady at all). It will all be taken care of by the other
persons insurance...but it will take awhile for it to be repaired because they have to order the OEM parts from the Honda factory (I'm assuming). The entire repair will have a lifetime warranty on it.
You'll have it back before you know it. I know the pain, hang in there.

Sorry about the wreck, just glad you're ok.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That is strange, but I understand. Today, when I dropped my car at the bodyshop and they took the bumper off, they found more then I found. The fog light housing was not only scrapped up, but the back of it, all the clips were broken. That would explain why the fog light sat in the housing funny. He also needs to fix the metal bracket on the foglight itself, but he said that's no problem. He said he could fix it, but he said it was better to order a brand new fog light housing. That way all the clips worked and no need to fix the scraped up housing. He got it overnighted from cali for 22 bucks! He got on the phone, made a call and bam, its on the way in less then 5 mins! The guy is awesome. I was like wow, I didnt know you could get parts that quick already. I have a hard time finding oem parts online, let alone getting them overnighted. Good shop!

I know how you feel. If you read my racoon incident that trashed my passenger front end. I didnt know what to do exactly with such a new car ya know? So far it's going well. I hope to get my crz back in a couple of days looking brand spankin' new! Ill be sure to give her a good rape victim wash too afterwards!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to add to your misery but I have experienced a very similiar fate years ago. My wife had a 3 series BMW sedan which had just hit the market. The local access road to town had a 60 mph speed limit however construction on a new overpass had just begun. One morning (with 800 miles on the odometer) she entered the construction zone when another vehicle pulled out in front of her. She was able to get stopped however a geriatric male plowed his 60's era Impala square into her new cars backside at an estimated 60 mph (he admitted to looking at the construction). $21000 damage ($45000 car). That was February, repairs were completed in September. NO ONE could obtain the floor pan for the trunk (rear bumper was pushed under the rear window! They told us they finally just had to pull the assembly off the line in Germany!

Fortunately for us an off duty HP officer was also stopped at the intersection and witnessed the whole thing (iron clad witness). My wife suffered minor whiplash for about 48 hours and was otherwise ok. The Impala was of course totalled (actually broke in half at the fire wall, never did figure that one out). He had good insurance and the BMW was leased so we ordered a new one, had the insurance company pay the lease payments until the wreck was repaired and did an immediate early lease termination on the wreck the second the repairs were completed. Worked out fine except for a few days of pain for my wife.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, first, it's good you aren't hurt. Or the other person either, I'm assuming.

I've never dealt with another parties insurance carrier (i.e. their property/liability) paying for my damages, so I hope that goes well for you. Just comprehensive for a windshield and a theft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.