Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got my first ding.
Was working on my SUV and I heard a really loud crunch out by the street.
A friend of my neighbor had just sideswiped the front my parked CR-Z while parking their Honda Odyssey. :(
He was really nice and didn't even wait for me to say anything before getting together his info.
At first I thought it was just a paint scrape on the bumper, but after buffing off all the loose paint I noticed that he also had hit my front left wheel.

All are just little hits but now I have to go get it taken care of. :p
At least it's all in a place that I can just lean on my car and cover it up...

And I was so looking forward to this weekend... :p

-Hoi

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
autobody is telling me @$2200. He pointed out on the fender where it's actually buckled so it's got to be replaced, and wheel needs to be replaced. Didn't see that much at first, but it hides pretty well on a black car.

Autobody put alignment on the quote, to that's covered. Will have to replace the foglight tint, unless they transfer the foglights.

Could have been worse. Could have just gotten a Noblesse or C-West front on it after waiting three months.... then I would have been pissed. :p

-Hoi

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
ouch for realz... i'm not seeing (b/c it's not pictured) the fender damage... but a brand new fender is $314.13... that's NEW from Honda, not aftermarket... fixed bumper ($150), paint bumper/fender ($500), repair wheel ($200)... even at my somewhat exaggerated prices here, that's still under $1200 for the repair... not sure what place you went to for this repair but they are total rip-offs... unless pricing is drastically different in Cali than in FL which i doubt...

oh and an alignment from the dealership should run around $80

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got car fixed. Since they were replacing the bumper anyways I had them fill in the front emblem mount. Haven't decided yet whether to put back any emblem or just leave it bare (at least until I decide what to do with the front end).

Super happy about ditching that rental car (Mazda 3 automatic) and have to say that after driving the mazda for a week, the CR-Z is even more fun to drive even though the Maxda 3 had 20 more hp.

Also haven't decided whether to replace the wheel, have it resurfaced or just leave it as is. I've got the money from the insurance company, just don't know if I want to spend any time taking it to the shop to get the tire and the TPMS transfered, blah blah.

eh, anyways, super glad to get the car back even in the rain! :p

:D

-Hoi

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Congrats on getting it back. Looks good from here. I would replace the wheel. Would probably regret it later if I didn't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I feel for you! Glad it's all fixed!

Some lady backed up into me at a stop sign tonight. Won't be able to see the damage good until in the morning. I'm not looking forward to it.

She was in a mini-van. Her excuse?! "Your car is so small, I didn't see it!"

Why back up at the stop sign?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel for you! Glad it's all fixed!

Some lady backed up into me at a stop sign tonight. Won't be able to see the damage good until in the morning. I'm not looking forward to it.

She was in a mini-van. Her excuse?! "Your car is so small, I didn't see it!"

Why back up at the stop sign?
Doh! That sucks. I'm starting to hate minivans. Hope your damage isn't too bad and she had insurance.

-Hoi

·
Registered
39 Posts
I despise minivans!

I've already called the claim into her insurance company. She admitted to the police that she backed into me. But, gave no reason?!

I'm heartbroken about my CR-Z, though. And, hope they can match the paint. Mine is CBP, like yours.

Did you take yours to the dealer for paint and body work? Yours looks good!

·
Registered
675 Posts
hey hoisumguo, whats the red stripe in your grill? haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.