Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a complete 2014 CRZ hybrid battery pack with a bad MPI/motor power inverter module.
Car had 187,000 miles, battery was working fine and then got a Check IMA & Check charging system warning.

Dealer diagnosed it as "MPI (MOTOR POWER INVERTER) DTC P0A78"

I could not confidently source an MPI as a used part. I'm sure they're out there but without knowing what it looks like, most sellers don't appear to know what modules they're selling and misname things. So I replaced the whole unit.

Asking $240 for the original unit, as-is.
Only has been sitting in my garage for a couple weeks.
Can show you the dealer diagnostic sheet in person identifying the problem module.

Local pickup only Orlando, FL area to Daytona Beach, FL area.
Text 985-413-0413

·
Registered
133 Posts
With the amount of people working towards exanding the capabilities of our IMA system, I bet your battery doesn't last too long.

I also see your account is brand new, so you don't have any history or verification that you're not a scammer(even though you don't seem like one).

I would suggest you add an additional photo, including your forum username and the date written on a piece of paper. That way everyone will be more confident about your post :)

GLWS OP!

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
620 Posts
It's a Lithium pack so interesting for US tinkerers.

Please show us the dealer diagnostic sheet.

Thanks
It really is. I'd love to pick it up but I don't know what I'd do with it lol, just don't have the time or knowledge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
make me an offer if you're local, i'm not comfortable going high voltage and trying to extract the actual lithium cells, otherwise they go for a good price per ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts