Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided to go springs before wheels. I want to see how it sits with the current setup and work around that.

Ordered from Kamispeed. They are in florida, and have the best pricing ive seen, even with taxes and all.

Ill post pics when finished!

***Anything i should know in advance about the springs? Any sugestions on if i need alignment, how long to settle...any comments or thoughts welcome!

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Ive decided to go springs before wheels. I want to see how it sits with the current setup and work around that.

Ordered from Kamispeed. They are in florida, and have the best pricing ive seen, even with taxes and all.

Ill post pics when finished!

***Anything i should know in advance about the springs? Any sugestions on if i need alignment, how long to settle...any comments or thoughts welcome!
You might of seen it already. But alot of those questions can be seen and some answered at;

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/handling-suspension/3245-going-do-eibach-pro-series-springs.html

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Good stuff! I prob didn't need this thread. Lol. I just got excited :),
Excited is good. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your results.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Finally got them installed. Been traveling and busy with work and family.

Rides very very nice, looks awesome! pics to come!
Great! Looking forward to the pics.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Yepper. Looks great..!! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see your wheel choice.. Or maybe if a cheapskate like me, some spacers on the rear??

Did you do an alignment check... or are you waiting for the settling?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great, thinking about ordering a set for my z. Is the drop a full 1" or more like 0.8"? Also did you have to cut the bump stops? I'm debating between these and the eibach pro kit.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Also did you have to cut the bump stops? I'm debating between these and the eibach pro kit.
I know you will for the Eibachs. Instructions are on my Eibach thread somewhere. Just searching around the other forums, pretty sure there is some trimming required for the H-Techs also. Couldn't find instructions specific to the CR-Z.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great, thinking about ordering a set for my z. Is the drop a full 1" or more like 0.8"? Also did you have to cut the bump stops? I'm debating between these and the eibach pro kit.
Didnt cut the bump stops. Ive yet to feel or see any differences. If i need to cut its easy. My friend has a lift in his garage lol

Alignment, was waiting for it to settle. Shouldnt be an issue, its not a huge drop. It sits perfect and rides smooth.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Didnt cut the bump stops. Ive yet to feel or see any differences. If i need to cut its easy. My friend has a lift in his garage lol

Alignment, was waiting for it to settle. Shouldnt be an issue, its not a huge drop. It sits perfect and rides smooth.
Thank you, thats great to know. I ordered a set of tein springs and 20mm hr spacers. Can't wait to install the stuff!

Maybe you should look into getting real work emotion rims rather than buying repos that are heavy and brittle compared to its original.
Yes, quality wheels are important. There are a few great examples between 14-16lbs that aren't too expensive. I would only go with forged wheels or just keep stock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.