Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
it looks like a shield in that picture... but in some others it looks like it's just a bulb... look at this comparison i did with the USDM/CDM vs EDM/JDM headlight... it looks to me that it has a bulb and note the USDM headlight not only lacks the LEDs but also has an amber reflector on there too (some law about not having cleared headlights or something)...

and in this closeup, even the USDM headlight looks like it's just a bulb with side reflector...

worst case scenario it isn't hard to take the headlights apart... i did it on my Si... here's a b4 and after... some people actually clear the whole thing... i chose to clear out part of it...

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have seen it on my CR-Z and its a bulb, but I have seen US pictures with perhaps a orange cap like in THE accord.

Meanwhile I looked everywhere and I believe its the T20 bulb. (anyone can conform? Civic or Insight?)

Also the licenseplate is a T10 (w5w).

So buyed a chroom amber lamp and a blue xenon licenseplate lamp

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i added an amber bulb after i took that picture... and i'm not sure what you mean YLA... but i liked it and everyone that saw mine in person said they looked better than the all cleared lights... even ppl with the cleared lights liked mine more... in fact Honda liked what i did so much, that the 2009+ models look almost identical to what i did 2 years earlier...

this pic is of 2010 Civic Si Coupe... the sedans also got the same change...

here's what a completely cleared headlight looks like... which IMO looks too plain...

and on the car...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
almost everything that comes here with a counterpart in Euro, has amber lights or reflector... it's the law here or some crap... i agree it looks better being clear or not having amber reflectors on some things like my example below on the bumper... but sometimes it just needs a little bit of it to complete it...

EU M3

US M3

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I posted the answer in the right topic :p

Led lights are in our law now starting from 2011. Almost all are LHD execpt a few country's like the UK, Kreta, etc.

I buyed the T20 chrome bulbs on eBay.. gone post pictures in a week if I receive my CR-Z and bulbs ;) I ordered also xenon color bulbs for my license plate :)

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
EX model in US is getting the LED's along the bottom, while the base model will look like the initial pictured version.:blush:
If that is so, then you have other info then the other users. :blush:

Tomorrow I gone install my new chrome sidelight/indicator bulbs! I hope its gone be easy!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
EX model in US is getting the LED's along the bottom, while the base model will look like the initial pictured version.:blush:
i really wish that was the case... but based on pictures of the EX version, they don't have LEDs at the bottom...

maybe ur confused by them saying the EX gets HIDs whereas the base just gets halogens??

·
Registered
14 Posts
The de-tango look to lights is down to personal taste I guess. If the side repeaters are clear/crystal then removing the orange in the headlight can work to compliment them.

On my present car I split my headlight shells to remove the orange wedge & fitted Philips Silver Vision PY21W bulbs. As I have a black & chrome theme going I think it cleans the front end up. The stainless mesh grills help a bit as well. :)

Here in the UK we also had the "Lexus" rear light clusters that sproughted from every modded car from Corsas to Scoobys. Again the clear chrome look is not to every ones taste. I kept mine stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.