Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright im coming from a car that was simple to open the trunk if youre in your drivers seat..you just pressed a button located below the wheel.

Now i feel like a total idiot cause their has to be a way to open the trunk on this car besides the key remote...

ive yet to read the manual, i just dont want to feel stupid but i cant deal anymore..

how do you open the trunk other than the key remote?

thanks..from the biggest idiot in the forum!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'll never own up to how long it took me to figure this out.
:rotfl:

You can program you car when you shut the ignition off it automatically unlocks the hatch. I have mine programed that way also when I unlock the car both doors and hatch all unlock at the same time.
i have the same settings enabled too. all doors unlock when you turn the car off.. and all doors unlock with the first press of the remote

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran into a problem with the electronic only trunk last winter. I was new to the car still and used to automatic lights and left them on and killed the battery. The problem is my jumper cables are in the trunk and there isn't a way to open it without the battery(crawled over the seats). Any insight into this problem would be appreciated because from what I can gather, its a design oversight.

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
I ran into a problem with the electronic only trunk last winter. I was new to the car still and used to automatic lights and left them on and killed the battery. The problem is my jumper cables are in the trunk and there isn't a way to open it without the battery(crawled over the seats). Any insight into this problem would be appreciated because from what I can gather, its a design oversight.
Yeah, I've disconnected the battery to do some work/mods on my car, only to realize I locked myself out of the trunk--ugh! There's no way to get in, unless you have power for the switch--no back up mechanical cable/lever.

You say you killed the battery by leaving the automatic lights on, so I'm wondering if my battery has never died because I never use that auto-lights function. I didn't think the auto-lights stayed on long enough to drain the battery, but maybe it was just a little too much drain on a battery that was dying anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I've disconnected the battery to do some work/mods on my car, only to realize I locked myself out of the trunk--ugh! There's no way to get in, unless you have power for the switch--no back up mechanical cable/lever.

You say you killed the battery by leaving the automatic lights on, so I'm wondering if my battery has never died because I never use that auto-lights function. I didn't think the auto-lights stayed on long enough to drain the battery, but maybe it was just a little too much drain on a battery that was dying anyway.
MY old buick had the auto lights I wasn't used to manually switching it off yet, I'm sure modern auto lights are fine.

·
Registered
689 Posts
They don't, I have had 3 CR-Zs and on all of them I use the auto headlights. When you shut the car off they go off too. Though I have had the problem of getting used to the auto-function that if someone moves it to the off position I forget to turn them on, so I could imagine that if you are used to it but manually switch them on you could forget they where on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
So I just checked the other night, the auto lights shut off almost instantly when you turn the car off. So just simply having the lights in "Auto" will not drain your battery due to being left on after the car is turned off. Unless there is something wrong with the system that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.