Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Raise your hand if you have already been nailed with a speeding ticket in your Zed !

I was in "afterburner" mode today and got the attention of local law but when he walked up and saw it was a Hybrid he was a bit taken aback.

I explained about the "...new car, still getting used to all of these buttons, etc" and he let me pass but it was a close one. Talking about "the good mileage and saving the environment" plus keeping the seat belt fastened until he was right up next to the window also helped.

But the next CR-Z he sees in that "top button mode" might not be so lucky, LOL.

I live in Independence, Missouri (suburb of Kansas City) and I think there are less than half a dozen Zeds (per my salesman) in all of greater KC. I'm still getting "the look" from a lot of people, especially when I drive by another car dealer's lot.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
got pulled over by one cop just so he could ask about the car... and to tell me I was 2 miles over the speed limit. Not even a warning ticket... (he actually told me he just wanted to check out the car, really.. the 2 miles was just an excuse).

Had another cop (state trooper) at a blocked road (forest fire) ask questions about the car when I was asking hiim what was going on... and he asked me to pull over so he could check it out also.

·
Registered
886 Posts
This car is somehow almost as fun to drive slow, as it is fast.. I guess it's like a go-kart regardless of your speed.
Obviously faster is a bit more fun, and no they haven't caught me yet.
(also in the police state of MO)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I haven't gotten the attention of the local law, yet. I do have this nasty habit of taking my Z out of Econ mode and pressing the top left button occasionally. I must say this. In all my years of driving a hybid, I have never been able to make the tires squeal leaving a stop light, until NOW!

sparrow :hi5:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Top left button, you mean the hazard indicator? Just kidding from the U.K. here.

A police car here turned around and followed me for about 3 miles around a couple of housing estates yesterday. Maybe they wondered why this scruffy bugger was driving a nice car and were doing a check! Cheeky buggers lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Well, I only have 122 hp. I suppose I was the only one you could catch."

:p

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I picked up my red Z last night... honestly I just feel like the clock is ticking now

:hiding:
well that's b/c u have a Red one mister :pP:
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Well, I only have 122 hp. I suppose I was the only one you could catch."

:p
:rotfl: hahahaha

·
Registered
14 Posts
As if....

I drove my Mustang GT 2010 for two years almost and no ticket...
I traded it in, and am WAITING for my CR-Z, and got a ticket in the Insight the first day. I tried to tell the officer the battery was dieing, and the best way to charge it was to speed up, useing only gasoline and regenerative brake back down to build it back up, He still got me, 40 in a 35. :rules:

P.s. a stock Saturn made the insight put its tail between its legs this afternoon, So I am so looking forward to something a little more 'peppy' :eek2:

I get my black six speed on the 24th of october, Hopefully.... *fingers are crossed

·
Registered
106 Posts
:eek:mg: 40 in a 35?? wtf?? what a jerk...
Sounds like he may have given him a reduced ticket. Lets say he was doing 50 in the 35 which is 15 over. The officer liked his excuse and reduced it to 40 in a 35 for a lesser fine/points/etc.

Still a ticket, but a lesser ticket.

Maybe its where you guys are, but I can't see pulling someone over to gush about their car or pacing them to look at it for anything other then a violation, nor any of my co-workers. After looking at hundreds of cars a day the mind is just looking for those keys that say violation.

And red cars are *not* ticketed more. http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm quite happy that my Z doesn't grab nearly as much attention from the law as my CL9 does. No ticket yet, but I'm sure that won't last verry long :p

JnC, I'll probably use that one when I get pulled over :p Or at least some other clever remark about driving a hybrid, hehe.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.