Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. Never had a car that didn't present an "obvious" choice for a coin holder. I'd normally use the "not an ashtray" bin, but this car doesn't even have that. Any suggestions? :bored:

·
Registered
250 Posts
ATM im putting my coins in the front cup holders. My fiance and I have found that the M&M minis tube container makes a great coin holder so need to buy some and store them in there next. Once buy the aftermarket arm rest Ill have a secure place to put the tube.

·
Registered
675 Posts
i put it behind the two cupholders haha.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It looks like there would be a little storage tray on the left, below the steering wheel, but it's just a solid piece. :(
But I'm used to it still. My GLI and GTI didn't have coin-specific areas either, so it'd use the armrest... and we all know how that is.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got one of the Tootsie Roll banks for Christmas (I FREAKING LOVE TOOTSIE ROLLS) and I keep it in the back cup holder(where you are supposed to install the armrest in). I don't really use coins that much so when I receive them I drop them in there and when it gets full I cash them in for iTunes money.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have an old Tupperware container that fits in the rear cupholder at the back of the console. It fits perfectly in that hole with just the lid part above the console. You can't tell anything is in the container since the lid is opaque. Only problem is the lid is a cream/tan color - I want a gray lid and I don't think they make these containers any more.

Oh yeah, I put quarters in there for when I need to take the car through the touchless car wash.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put a Bell coin holder in one of the cupholder bins. I wrapped some foam tape around it to prevent it from rattling. You can find them in most any big box store.

COIN HOLDER FOR CUP HOLDER:Amazon:Electronics
Ooooh I like that solution, gotta see if the shipping (to Hawaii) costs more than the part....:angry: I need something for the RSX I'm driving too. It has a coin holder but I don't like it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Oh yeah, I put quarters in there for when I need to take the car through the touchless car wash.
Yeah using a touchless car was is probably worse then goin to a touching carwash, high pressure water slamming into your paint not so good, drives dirt deeper into the paint.

:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah using a touchless car was is probably worse then goin to a touching carwash, high pressure water slamming into your paint not so good, drives dirt deeper into the paint.

Good to know 91CRXTC. I use the low pressure settings or high pressure and stand back from the car (except in the wheel wells if there's lots of crud). Thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
you mean the self wash with the brush and spray gun? If so thats probably not that bad, but even when i wash mine at home with the hose i always hit the car at an angle to not drive any dirt or other things into the paint. The drive in touchless by me uses way high pressure to wash and i wont do that again, and also another self wash place by me has the spray nozzle in the brush and puts out just as high pressure as that other touchless place. Right now i just go to a full car wash and except to do a compound in the spring with a full detailing also.

i put change in my car and its not allowed to be used cuz it was given to me by friends for luck, just hope its good luck they gave me and so far so good.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.