1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is an extract ripped from Honda UK info:

To complement the launch of the CR-Z, a comprehensive range
of genuine accessories have been announced by Honda Access,
allowing customers to personalise and enhance their hybrid coupe.
The CR-Z’s accessories have been developed in conjunction with
the new model’s own interior and exterior design concept, with
significant attention paid to market trends involving the use
of styling effects such as metal and carbon in the design and
manufacturing process.
The range has been launched in four themes, to enable Honda’s
dealers and customers to easily identify their individual
requirements. The Carbon theme includes floor carpets and doorstep
garnishes, interior panels, body skirts and a 17-inch alloy
wheel. The Metallic theme covers a front sports grille, door mirror
covers, air-intake garnishes, pillar decorations and speaker rings.
The Illumination theme includes accessories that offer a cool, blue
luminescence to the CR-Z, while the Coloured theme offers tailgate
garnishes and body styling graphics.
With perfect fit, safety, security and durability that is expected from
genuine accessories, the CR-Z’s accessory range offers customers a
wide variety of options to individualise and enhance their car.
14 15

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks man, last time I checked the links just sent you back to the German micro site for the CR-Z :) . They don't list the details for the different specs anywhere on the German site (why? not exactly professional...), but based on the UK info it looks like I need to order the "S" spec to at least get a leather steering wheel, which means I'm looking at 23k EUR.

No idea how much room for a rebate the dealers will get, probably not much initially. Looking at street prices from the competition, this will be a tough sell. The same money could buy me a well equipped VW Scirocco, an entry level BMW 118d or, if I'd wish to save 3.5k EUR, a Honda Civic CDTi.

The list goes on and on really, plenty of vehicles for the same price that are better equipped and are in the same MPG league, and most of which are way quicker...

Sad really...

·
Registered
11 Posts
A well equipped VW Scirocco for 23000 euro??? No way thats 28000 euro for exact the same options and you don't have the feeling you are in a old Golf with that ancient dashboard. Nothing original (except for those nice backseats).
Well the looks of the interior are a matter of personal preference, the CR-Z's is a lot funkier but the VW's will probably feel better put together. Personally I don't really care, what matters most to me is how it drives and I really hope the CR-Z will outdo the competition on that. Test drive will tell...

Pricing wise I have to disagree, A Scirocco "TEAM" with an equivalent power 1.4 TSI engine, specced to the level of the intermediate CR-Z is about 25k EUR -- according to the configurator @ volkswagen.de. At the moment it's easy to get at least a 15% rebate on a Scirocco here, making it cheaper than even the entry level CR-Z "S" at (German) list price.

And for the people who'd end up driving their CR-Z in "Sport" mode most of the time anyway, there's so much competition from all the hot hatches that are quicker as well as cheaper (while offering better practicability, eg 4 usable seats). Just to pick one of the many examples: the Alfa Mito QV with the 170 PS Multi-Air engine costs about 23k fully loaded here, also has Euro 5 emissions and is not polluting much worse at 139g of Co2 -- but it is way, way quicker (eg 7.5 0-62).

In case you haden't noticed ;) I'm really disappointed with the price point Honda set for the CR-Z in Europe. Not disappointed with the car per se, but it seems clear to me they are treating the little bugger as a limited issue model to be sold to nostalgics of the CRX and/or people really liking that novelty "sporty hybrid" idea.

Exec summary: at that price no interest from me. The numbers (be it fuel consumption or performance) just don't justify the asking price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't they produce a full catalogue?

The CR-Z catalogue on display at my Honda dealer here has 44 pages, including 20 with detailed technical explanation. The GT model is the same as the Alpha model here, but with the options (sunroof, leather seats) as standard. But I don't see any navigation system on the UK-spec car. Is this offered, too?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't they produce a full catalogue?

The CR-Z catalogue on display at my Honda dealer here has 44 pages, including 20 with detailed technical explanation. The GT model is the same as the Alpha model here, but with the options (sunroof, leather seats) as standard. But I don't see any navigation system on the UK-spec car. Is this offered, too?
i have ordered the GT. it is optional extra to have sat nav on all models.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.