Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
No. It's going to vary between them all. I want to say its anywhere from 5-15% but don't quote me on that.
Yeah I wish there is a table that shows the differences between each dyno. I have experienced dynojet and dynapack and the process are different. I guess just as long as people know that there are differences in hp output depending on the type of dyno is enough. You can't really compare hp output from one car to the other unless it came from the same dyno. Temperature is another variable but that's another topic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I wish there is a table that shows the differences between each dyno. I have experienced dynojet and dynapack and the process are different. I guess just as long as people know that there are differences in hp output depending on the type of dyno is enough. You can't really compare hp output from one car to the other unless it came from the same dyno. Temperature is another variable but that's another topic.
I was thinking the same thing. For best results, it would also help if the same person did the dyno testing but that's almost impossible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is euro and asian spec diff?why all of your tuning hp and toque so high?I using hondata,K&N open pod,straight pipe exhaust only manage to get 119hp?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is Dyno Sheet Stock CRZ?

Stock CRZ

99 RON Shell V Power Nitro +

Ran using sport mode and VSA disabled

Is this a stock 2013 (after MMC) Dyno Sheet? The sheet has 'GENUINE MUGEN KIT' shown on it. The date of the run was 4/20/2013 and the power matches the rating of the 2013+ models.

Thanks for adding the Dyno sheet.

2014 CRZ EX MT

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is this a stock 2013 (after MMC) Dyno Sheet? The sheet has 'GENUINE MUGEN KIT' shown on it. The date of the run was 4/20/2013 and the power matches the rating of the 2013+ models.

Thanks for adding the Dyno sheet.

2014 CRZ EX MT
hi there,

No this is a 2011 Sport spec (UK) model, 6 speed manual, no mods what so ever, ran on 99 RON petrol (you get this from the pump in the UK)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stock Dyno Chart

hi there,

No this is a 2011 Sport spec (UK) model, 6 speed manual, no mods what so ever, ran on 99 RON petrol (you get this from the pump in the UK)
Thanks for your reply. I didn't consider that the stock power depends on the country. I live in the USA, so I was comparing the power of the chart with the rated power for my 2014 CRZ. I am jealous you get the extra power in the UK. A 2011 CRZ is rated for 122 hp and 128 ft-lbs torque in the USA. What are the 2013+ CRZ's rated power and torque in the UK? I am curious if rating the engines for our lower octane regular gas is the difference and, if so, using 99 octane here would raise the power. I guess that would only work, if it was only the knock sensors that caused the power to be reduced.

2014 CRZ EX MT

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I didn't consider that the stock power depends on the country. I live in the USA, so I was comparing the power of the chart with the rated power for my 2014 CRZ. I am jealous you get the extra power in the UK. A 2011 CRZ is rated for 122 hp and 128 ft-lbs torque in the USA. What are the 2013+ CRZ's rated power and torque in the UK? I am curious if rating the engines for our lower octane regular gas is the difference and, if so, using 99 octane here would raise the power. I guess that would only work, if it was only the knock sensors that caused the power to be reduced.

2014 CRZ EX MT
What a car dynos and what it's rated are almost never going to match. The difference between dynos and even within the same model, pretty much makes dyno sheets almost useless. It's a ballpark figure at best. It's only when you run on the same dyno with the same conditions does it resemble anything scientific.

On top of that, manufacturers are not forced to be accurate with their power ratings. A lot of times it's not the engineers deciding what the actual number is, but the marketing guys or upper management... Japanese manufacturers are notorious for under-rating their power figures.

Don't look into them too much...

Also Europe uses only RON for their octane figures. We use an average of RON and MON for ours in the USA. MON is typically lower than RON, so the average will be lower. So basically, the same exact fuel will have a lower "octane number" in the USA only because of the local standards of how it's calculated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
blue is 2013 6MT with Mugen intake and catback.
red is with HPD supercharger and Mugen exhaust.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
391 Posts
With, or there would be a lot less torque under 3k rpm.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Turbo @ 8psi
Custom CAI
and Custom Exhaust 2.5"

Please note this was made at 80% throttle ( hondata tuned )
And the clutch slipped a bit at 2900-3500 rpm.
MAX Torque should be attainable at 2800rpm as you can see the graph,almost hits the max value right there too.

but it can give you an idea on the Turbo values

·
Registered
511 Posts
It is nice to see a tq hp value, but I wish I was able to view the original dyno sheets. The initial base values stated in the beginning are not exactly correct, because it varies not only between cvt and 6 speed, but also model year and country. This is an awesome website I found that you can compare base dynos. http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_cmpower.php

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 6MT S/C
51 Posts
I'll play! Finally had the tune gone through on my car today. Good news is I picked up 33 hp and he was able to pull out some extra fuel! Bad news is the numbers are not that impressive, but then again I'm at 5400' elevation and the tuner said at sea level I'd probably see 2 more psi and another ~30 hp. Boost is also falling off a tiny bit at the end, so the plan is to put a new supercharger belt on and check or replace all of the clamps at some point in the future.

Still, it's such a fun little ripper with 33 more hp!

Dynojet dyno
JRSC (80mm pulley)
Max psi 7.86
Baseline pull: 139.52 hp
Final pull: 172.66 hp

All of my build specs are in my build thread

·
Registered
877 Posts
This is mine FWIW. All IMA mods.

Engine is unmodified standard 2011 UK Manual model.

See thread link for details..

Rectangle Slope Font Line Triangle

21 - 38 of 38 Posts