Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, that's why i started this. the bulletproof stuff is a joke. one of them is like a stock airbox with a k&n air filter and carbon fiber cover lol!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
thanks, that's why i started this. the bulletproof stuff is a joke. one of them is like a stock airbox with a k&n air filter and carbon fiber cover lol!

That is NOT Bulletproof stuff.. that is MUGEN stuff.... you know, the company started by son of the founder of Honda? :thumbsup: Supposed to provide a nice kick!

Bulletproof is merely kind enough to bring it to the US and sell it to us... can't knock them for that!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
YouTube - HONDA CR-Z CARBON CHAMBER AIR INTAKE
^satisfaction CAI. what the hell is it?
available now:

HKS Racing Suction Intake Kit Honda CR-Z 70020-AH015
^HKS. currently available for $399. this site legit? someone else is carrying it for $550. i personally love the honey comb intakes. can someone let me borrow a few hundred dollars?
I think this one is one of the hokey electric motor half-assed supercharger things... not for sure.. but that is what it looks like. :thumbdown:
I don't think it's the 'electric supercharger'(lol), but it's a ricer intake, for sure.

I'd wait for the Takeda, Turbo-Kits.com(hybridkoop's running the proto), or wait to see if the HKS is legit.

Those boxed intakes are not crap, for whoever said that. They're just very expensive. But you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think this one is one of the hokey electric motor half-assed supercharger things... not for sure.. but that is what it looks like. :thumbdown:
I tend to think that electric turbos (not all of them) work even if its just a few psi, forced is better then suction. but now even they are getting expensive, and the one australian company i was looking into cant sell in the US(Force flow).

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i agree with Shatner... that materials they use, although look to be basically stock shape, they do a few things like increasing airflow with a better filter and keep the air cool... a good example of this is the Comptech Icebox (not sold for CR-Z)... essentially it looks stock but it's doing wonders on the inside to keep the air cool... cooler air = more hp...

on a similar note: there was a guy who modified the stock intake on the +2006 Civic Si air box essentially making a SRI with like a K&N filter on the end and by doing that increased HP by some pretty impressive numbers...

Disclaimer: modifying your stock parts might cause a check engine light to come on and cause real damage to your car... modify at your own risk...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I don't think it's the 'electric supercharger'(lol), but it's a ricer intake, for sure.

I'd wait for the Takeda, Turbo-Kits.com(hybridkoop's running the proto), or wait to see if the HKS is legit.

Those boxed intakes are not crap, for whoever said that. They're just very expensive. But you get what you pay for.
Airbox style intakes are great! I had the one from Comptech on my TSX. it made a few hp less (1 or 2) than any CAI or SRI but it made better overall power and it was quieter than any other intake you could get for that car.

It also only cost $200 vs $1100 for Mugen's carbon version. If someone can make a similar intake for the CR-Z, thats the one ill get.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I tend to think that electric turbos (not all of them) work even if its just a few psi, forced is better then suction. but now even they are getting expensive, and the one australian company i was looking into cant sell in the US(Force flow).
Maybe when they are running.... otherwise they just block decent airflow. And from what I have read, you can only run them for a few seconds... and they require fairly high current flow (amperage) to work properly. I did read that most of them are very restrictive on airflow when not spinning under power.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
lol Those pos's don't even give 1/8th pound of boost. They're proven crap.

Maybe when they are running.... otherwise they just block decent airflow. And from what I have read, you can only run them for a few seconds... and they require fairly high current flow (amperage) to work properly. I did read that most of them are very restrictive on airflow when not spinning under power.
You've got that right about blocking airflow. crap crap crap.

I'm hoping someone will make a box style intake for cheaper than $500

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.