Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the official specs of the Honda CR-Z engine as reported at the 2010 North American International Auto Show

Engine: 1.5 Liter SOHC w/ 10-kW (13-hp) electric motor
HP: 122 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque (CVT-equipped models make 123 lb-ft)
Weight: 2670 and 2720 for CVT

·
Registered
25 Posts
i'll take the 6 speed ex its lighter then just wait for a k series swap kit to come out and turbo, make it like my crx just newer and dailyable car sould be very fun

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wonder how much that ima system weighs...is the weight worth the 13hp assist.
Well, Honda has this problem with the Fit, a hybrid version of which is due out in Japan this August. My Honda dealer told me that they are going to a conference next month, where the car will be unveiled. The Fit will have the Insight's power equipment: 1.3 liter engine (88 hp) plus the motor (14 hp). Since it will be 100 kg lighter than the Insight, the expected fuel consumption is around 32 km/l. Given the consumption figures for the Fit discussed in these threads, one question is how much the added weight of the motor will detract from the fuel consumption, compared with that of the non-hybrid model. (The fuel consumption of the present range varies from 17 km/l to 21 km/l.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
i'll take the 6 speed ex its lighter then just wait for a k series swap kit to come out and turbo, make it like my crx just newer and dailyable car sould be very fun
I second that. I LOVE my 2nd gen CRX... but owning a 20 year old car is.... well.. owning a 20 year old car.. I want a new CRX. I'd sell my CRX in a heartbeat for a CRZ if they can K swap them... Until then, it's CRX for me. Honda really pissed me off by not making this car as legendary as the CRX..

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUIZ: CR-Z vs '75 5.0 Mustang HP

The June 2010 issue of Motor Trend magazine that features the First Drive of the CR-Z also had a feature on the 5.0 Mustang "Greatest Hts and Misses."

So here's your question for today:

Which has more horsepower:

a. 2011 CR-Z 1.5L
b. 1975 Mustang 5.0 V8

Hint; It's a trick question...

SCROLL DOWN...

Answer: If you picked either one, the answer is wrong. They're both the same with 122 total HP.

Hard to believe, but it was a knee-jerk reaction by Ford to the 1973 Oil Crisis.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I second that. I LOVE my 2nd gen CRX... but owning a 20 year old car is.... well.. owning a 20 year old car.. I want a new CRX. I'd sell my CRX in a heartbeat for a CRZ if they can K swap them... Until then, it's CRX for me. Honda really pissed me off by not making this car as legendary as the CRX..

SOOO TRUE MAN! you can't even swap a k20 into it because it won't fit...maybe! but still, why would you buy a new car then do a swap right away! honda needs to listen to its enthusiasts and make an SI model with a k20 hybrid!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
124mph or 200km/h ;)

which it's unlikely there is a "limiter" so to speak... that's probably just the speed that the engine power output will allow it to get to with wind resistance...

for example... my Si was speed limited to 157mph... but the power of the engine and gearing of the transmission would only allow it to get to around 133/134mph... this was dyno/track tested by me :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Driving 200 km/h with the manual transmission means driving at 6000/min in the 5th gear.
(200 km/h in the 4th gear would be 7414/min that cannot be reached, 200 km/h in the 6th gear would be 4839/min where you don't have the necessary power)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.