Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
First time poster long time lurker on these forum, hoping someone can offer me some help.
I have a 2011 CRZ without nav and I want to replace the radio
I've bought a cheap double din head unit link which i've tried to install today, it powers up ok but I dont get any sound whether its on dvd, radio, cd or sat nav.
Has anyone got any experience with these or any advice they could give me?
I'll admit car stereo's are not my strong point so if anyone has any advice for me please use short words :)

Thanks

Martyn

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,783 Posts
Welcome to your first post.

Is yours EX or base? I think that has something to do with it. I'm not an expert, hopefully some of the members chime in.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Post pictures of your CRZ when you can.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you have an EX, you need a special wiring harness with RCA connections to connect to the factory external amplifier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks for the replies
I'be done a little more research and ordered this Metra Part # 70-1730 | Honda wire harness | Metra Online
Seems to be the harness I need for the model with the amp and sub
The one I had previously was a honda to iso harness recommended by an audio shop so perhaps this is just for the base model?
Just waiting for it to arrive now so will update when I get it

On a side note in peoples experience where is it best to put the dab and gps antenna's? I was thinking if drilling a hole and hiding them in the small compartment above the radio but am worried about the signal quality

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies.

I've ordered this Metra Part # 70-1730 | Honda wire harness | Metra Online
which will hopefully solve all my issues, the harness I had before was a Honda to ISO one.

Another question for you guys, where should I put the gps and dab antenna's?
I was thinking of drilling a hold and putting then in the compartment just above the radio, will the signal quality be ok in there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using Alpine iLX-107 double din head unit which I've got a month ago. This bad boy is packed with good features which pursued me to buy this one. It supports steering wheel controlling buttons. Just a bad thing, I have seen, it doesn't have CD player. Click here to read the full review.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts