Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shopping around for a 6MT EX, started from around $300 under MSRP, but it looks like $1500 under MSRP is not the limit. Interesting thing is that I'm getting a lot better offers via emails than with personal visits to the dealers.

Anyone got some good deals out there? I have one offer for $21,150 drive-out (7% tax here). That's $19,766 pre-tax/fees - looks a tad fishy, but I'll take it if it's true.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I got my EX for a few hundred over invoice. Ive found that if you use a servicelike CARS.com and submit a quote request to multiple dealers you get a decent price before you walk in. The internet sales team knows that those sites list invoice prices and more often than not internet buyers come more prepared. If you already did this, youre golden.

The price you got seems super low but if you can drive out with that, you basically robbed them. Did they include the destination fee in the price?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Invoice is $20340 including destination charge, but who knows what kind of incentives they are getting, so $19800 is not that far off.

So you got yours for $20600-20700? Very respectable.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you always, always get a better deal over the internet. When you email a dealership w/ a sales inquiry, you deal with 'fleet sales'. It's the best deal you'll get, 90% of the time.

If you're getting more than 1,500 of MSRP you're doing very good.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I got my CVT EX for 24,800 OTD, less -2,300 on my trade. OTD was 22,500. the MSRP on the CVT is 650, so that works out to 21,850. i did mine over the net as well. you still don't know what they want in terms of down payment and interest rate as well. i put zero down and talked them down from 9% (insane) to 4.3%. also, they might fire their appraiser after they see what they took from me heh heh hehhhh

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one offer for $21,150 drive-out (7% tax here). That's $19,766 pre-tax/fees - looks a tad fishy, but I'll take it if it's true.
The dealer with this offer finally replied today - turned out to be a "glitch".
Current "best price" is $22,200 OTD and this includes $590 "doc fee" and $28 tag fee, along with 7% tax.

Thus $20130 base price (vs. $21500 MSRP) - still workable. Will go put a deposit down tomorrow if they can give me some sort of written confirmation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Be sure to get whatever deal in writing before you go in. I had several verbal offers but when I went in they never honored the deal. I finally got list price with illuminated door seals, window tint and day/night mirror from a different dealer. I placed the order so we will see if they actually honor what they wrote down. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The dealer with this offer finally replied today - turned out to be a "glitch".
Current "best price" is $22,200 OTD and this includes $590 "doc fee" and $28 tag fee, along with 7% tax.

Thus $20130 base price (vs. $21500 MSRP) - still workable. Will go put a deposit down tomorrow if they can give me some sort of written confirmation.

yep, still a great price you got there. good luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine (purchased in Maryland, 9/21/10, silver EX CVT with navi) was $22,330 before tax and tags. This price included destination fee of $750, dealer processing charge of $100, and electronic filing fee of $20. Tags and taxes are given amounts, and best left out of the equation for comparison purposes.

you always, always get a better deal over the internet. When you email a dealership w/ a sales inquiry, you deal with 'fleet sales'. It's the best deal you'll get, 90% of the time.

If you're getting more than 1,500 of MSRP you're doing very good.
:yeahthat:
Totally agree with Shatner's point about internet pricing. I believe I went through Edmunds to generate local dealer internet quotes. Worked well when we got wifey's Civic Coupe last year, and worked well this time. The "dealer discount" in my case was $1,750, and perhaps they made back $100 of that with the processing charge. So, even if that equates to $1,650 off MSRP I feel pretty good about the deal!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Usually first phone call or a leisurely glance at autotrader will yield exactly this situation - cars are still selling at above MSRP, but once the real talk begins, $1500+ under MSRP is not hard to squeeze out of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.