Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I might have stumbled upon one of the weakest lack of feature on the ipod connectivity - not able to recognize and play Podcasts. Can others verify? I'm on an iphone 3g and the non-navi EX headunit.

FYI, it will recognize the standard "Playlist", "Artist", "Song", and "Album" but no "Podcast"

·
Registered
618 Posts
I wound up creating some playlists for the podcasts. I break them up into 2 groups: short podcasts and long podcasts. I listen to the short ones on short trips, and the others for long trips.

Once you have a playlist, you can drill down into it. Delete any stock default playlists that you don't use to save a little time while diving thru the menus.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Found out you can get Pandora to work, but it is sometimes glitchy (will switch back to iPod source without you telling it to) and always resets after using the Bluetooth hands free or even just getting a call. Kind of annoying but it works.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mine always starts to autoplay the iPod as soon as I hit USB mode. And I haven't figured out how to pause it from the headunit. I have to open the iPod app on the phone and pause it there. You'd think that the play button on the headunit could also be used for pause.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or not being able to speed navigate to the letter that you want - like if I want to hear a song from an artist that starts with a V, I have to spin the dial and go through all the prior letters to ge to V. Major pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.